View Single Post
rakwel
team spike.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:24 PM

• 28. Pity

Emily is the kind of person that hates to be pitied, she had a little rule that the only person that could pity her was herself. It was a big deal though, Janine had to know the difference between comforting her best friend and pitying her. While Emily was in the bathroom Janine looked up pity in the dictionary, just so that she wouldn't anger Emily. The definition of pity was: sympathetic sorrow for one suffering. Janine guessed that that meant that she couldn't be sad because Emily found the boy she liked making out with his slutty girlfriend, she could be completely happy but still hug Emily and try to make her feel better. This was going to be tricky.

To get Emily's mind off of the picture of Joey liplocked with a girl in a mini-skirt and a shirt with such a low neckline that her bra was showing the two studied like madmen. If the American Revolution was a battle about trivia on the American Revolution Janine and Emily would have kicked mega-ass after a study session like they had that night. They studied until 11:00, and somewhere during their session Emily's mom had dropped off her stuff so that she could stay the night.

"Janine?" Emily said around midnight when they had just turned out the light.

"Yeah Em?"

"What's it like to be really in love? Well, in puppy love like you're in."

"Pretty awesome, I mean, I thought that it would be a lot better than it actually is. But I think about Colin a lot more than I have ever thought about my other boyfriends," Janine said, "Like, just the feeling I got the first time I saw him."