View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 AM

For the rest of the class, Reid stayed where he was, tapping very lightly on the desk in front of him but staring at the drawing he had taken from Terry. Brycen's drawing, more specifically. This was what a bully did. Even on the first day, he would latch onto someone, or target the past victim, and each day would be a little more impossible to bear. The way Terry had reacted hadn't been promising, either---he had tried to hide it. He couldn't help but recall those sour memories, but folded the paper up and pocketed it, stowing it away for after class. He had fifteen minutes between classes, and his next was a writing class.

When the old school's iron bells rang, echoed through hidden speaker systems in every room and down every hall, everyone started packing up. "Put your drawings on the desk, finished or no. We can get those done later on, eh?" He stood, going around to the other side of the desk, further from the door, while everyone filed out. When Terry approached, however, he tilted his head, taking the presented paper and adjusting his glasses. "Wow, Terry... This is amazing!" He grinned widely. "You captured such a depth with just a pencil, and I don't see that often. I can't wait to see what you do with paints later in the year." He put a hand on Terry's shoulder, squeezing lightly. "I'll keep this close by, I've got a folder dedicated to students' drawings given to me throughout the year and this'll hold a special place." He slid the picture away, between the pages of a planner on the desk.

Standing up straight, he stretched slightly. "I'm glad you're in my class this year too, Terry." He smiled, leading the young man along, out of the room, and he closed the door. "Ah, but you know... Any time you might want to come to me with a problem... Here, or at home, or anything at all. You can come to me. I'm the junior grade counselor as well---I'll listen to anything you might need to talk about, or get off your chest, and I won't tell a soul." He patted the young man and stepped away. "Now I have to be off to the headmaster's office---and you should get going to your next class. I'll see you soon, Terry." With that, Reid bounced off, never walking so much as treating the floor as if it were made of thick rubber.