View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Akio had been awaiting a cold or sarchastic answer to reach his ears, or silence to ensue. Instead, the sound of his name and being asked to wait kindly met his ears. That alone was enough to make him pause in his step, before the other was in his way and blocking his path. He blinked a few times, surprised himself a bit at the action of the other. His eyes turning to him, before he looked down at the book as the other made a move to give it back. He lifted his hands, letting slender fingers wrap around it. It was now that he fully noted the other had been saving his place. His eyes on it as for a moment they both held onto the book, before the other let go.

The words came out odd, but he got the gist of what they meant. The other was in his own way apologizing? Akio lifted his eyes, watching his movements as he spoke fondly of the book. He seemed to be awkward and yet now warmer than before. As if a switch had been turned off, and he was now trying to be a remote gentleman. Akio felt odd, not bad odd, but not one he could explain if he was asked. He felt numb, surprised with the action and flip of the other. It was nice...almost...sweet. He watched as he said if he desired Darius would leave to let him be, but he prefered if they could stay..in each other's company. For a moment he stood there, in silence with him.

A slow smile then formed on his lips, kinder and warmer in nature, as a light warm chuckle escaped him now as well. "Odd...a demon feeling off settled by a human" it was not meant as a mean jest, more of one to gently break the tension and lighten the mood. He looked to the book, the fingertips of one of his hands brushing over it. "Thank you...I am sure it will live up well to your words" he smiled once more. The tension shifted a bit, lightened and warmed a bit with the other's words. Akio found himself relaxing a bit, and it showed a bit in his body language. The other saying that to him had been indeed a surprise and kind. He did not know how the other felt about such words coming from himself.

He guessed a bit by the way he was acting, it was something new to him. That made it amusing even more, but in a cute way. He watched him for a moment, allowing things to settle between them. If the other was going to offer, he would not refuse. He did not wish to be rude, and at the same time he was curious of the other. He had noted there was something more inside of him, perhaps this was a hint to it. If he was going to be a gentleman and try, then so would Akio. So he took a breath, before nodding, "I will stay....and if it is all the same to you..." He hesitated then, before he moved over to the piano, picking up one of the sheets of music looking over it. "I would very much like to hear you play...if you do not mind an audiance" he looked back over at him.

He gently slipped the book onto the top of the piano, before he sat down upon the stool before it. "I used to play a lot...when I was younger, my mother taught me..." he allowed his fingers to trace along the keys, looking at the music the other had chosen. He then lowered his hands to his lap, wondering if the other would take him up on the offer, or if it would cause a bit more distress. He then caught his own words, a hint of information given away. The thought of his mother caused a hand to once more go to the amulet around his neck. A slightly saddened look came to him, as the memories of his mother teaching him the keys and playing for him came to his mind.

He had continued playing after she had passed, for the sole reason as it was one of the few things that made him feel close to her still. Pushing the thoughts from his head, he regained his composure and his hand slipped from his neck once more. It stung at his heart, the memories. Though he was glad for the other to reach out to him even in a small way. He let silence spread between them, as he waited to see what the other would do. Music seemed to be one of those things that spanned many bridges, including race it seemed. A demon fond of it, as was he. Perhaps it would be something to bring them even remotely closer, or perhaps it was a fairy tale to?

Last edited by Kiyoto; 10-04-2014 at 06:08 PM..