Thread: Lotus Tears
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2017, 12:02 AM

Wufei wondered, if maybe he didn't understand the Japanese well. He couldn't call himself fluent. No, he just picked up what he could during the war and in the camps. He learned fast--he needed to. But still he could not bring himself to believe the words he heard. Still frozen in place, he watched silently as the other man approached a single step. He should have flinched, or stepped back. Truthfully, he should have run. Wufei found his feet steady though, all fear lacking. What was this? Why?

"Refuge?" Wufei repeated the words, still incredulous at it. It couldn't mean what he thought it did even if no matter how deeply he looked into the stranger's eyes, he found no hint of lie. It was as if, in the single instant of their meeting, something tremendous happened. No matter how hard each of them tried to pull away, they were caught. Sighing, Wufei relented to it. "This is...a temple. I did not mean...no, I didn't know." He struggled, but still pieced the words together with continued surety. "I don't belong here. You'll be hurt. If...you must understand who I am..." He looked down at the flower still clenched in his hand.

Lairen, I fear I may not make it back to you. With my soul, you will not want to look me in the eyes. I've failed. He looked back up at the stranger, still unsure if he wanted to stay and take this offered refuge, or leave. Either way, it seemed he was doomed.