View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 PM

((Decided to add a little bit of action. :) I can't help myself! But I am super distracted so I hope it all makes sense, lol.))

At some point, Onyx appeared. Becca hugged her. No matter who was at a party, it wasn't a party without Onyx. Though, something seemed off about her tonight. She was sober. Something in the yard grabbed their attention. Becca grimaced and shook her head. "No, absolutely not. Even monkeys wouldn't act like that, drunk." Becca laughed.

Just then a shrill scream cut through the yard and over the chatter and music. It wouldn't have been heard inside, not by a human anyway. A girl appeared at the edge of the tree line, stumbling into the yard from the forest. She was dressed in a costume, she'd been Tinker Bell. But now Tink had a generous amount of red paint splashed across her green dress, over her hands and on her neck.

She ran towards the house, screaming words no one could understand. Some people clapped at the performance, but something about it seemed too real, the paint too dark, the fear too tangible...

The girl arrived at the steps of the house where Onyx and Becca stood. It was Alison, from the bakery. She was crying, and dirty. Dirt mixed with blood everywhere, her hair was a wild mess, and she was missing a shoe. This wasn't a joke. Becca had never known Alison to big on pranks.

She grabbed Alison by her trembling arms. "What happened Alison!?" she asked her as a crowd began to gather around. "V-v-v.... Vampires!" Alison screeched as she broke down into another sob. Some people laughed, others headed into the "safety" of the house, those who truly believed began hastily gathering their jackets to leave.

"Alison," Becca started, not sure what to believe, "Are you sure you haven't had too much to drink, and that you just fell?" Alison shook her head violently before turning her head to the side to show the spot at her neck where she'd been bitten. Becca reached up and tenderly rubbed her fingers over the punctures. "They're real," she said to Onyx as real blood continued to stream from the wounds.

Just then a loud thud came from above them, on the awning. It was so heavy or strong, whatever it had been, that the whole porch shook and dust sprinkled down over them. More screams erupted from the yard, where people were staring up at whatever it was. Becca's heart started to race. If this was a joke, it had gone way too far.

She pulled Alison to her feet and turned to lead her inside but Alison had stopped dead, like a stone, impossible to move. Becca looked at the girl who's eyes were wide, like a deer in the headlights. Her chin was trembling and she was trying to speak, but no words would come. "What is it, Alison!?" Becca demanded to know, fear growing inside her.

Alison didn't respond. Becca followed the girl's gaze ahead. Between them and the door, was a man. He had blood running down his chin and smeared on his shirt. He was smiling, bearing bloodied fangs. Apparently there was another inside, as people started screaming and rushing outside, unaware that they were running past another vampire right there on the porch.

Becca would be lucky, hopefully. Hopefully her scent and aura would mix so with all the others, that she wouldn't be followed. She turned to Alison, but Alison was already gone. Her and Onxy were the only two standing there with the vampire who said something, but not to them. Something only his vampire comrades would hear. Another appeared beside him quicker than the human eye would catch.

Without hesitating any longer, Becca grabbed Onyx's hand. "Run Onyx!" she said as she tugged her best friend towards the woods. Cars weren't an option. There was such a cluster f*ck of cars with panicked drivers that there had already been accidents on the road. The road out of here certainly wasn't an option at all.

Others fled into the woods, some tried the vehicles, others found hiding places in the house. If any died, the attacks would surely be blamed on drunken youths in the morning. Everyone was so drunk, most people wouldn't even remember the happenings, and those who did would be called crazy.

Once they were in the woods, Becca released Onyx's hand so that they could more easily run and escape the danger. Becca detested having on the heels, but she was a heels kind of girl, and running in them wasn't impossible, not for her. Though it probably wasn't as easy as running in tennis shoes. Somewhere in the forest ahead was a cemetery, tombs, a church. Off to the West of their location was the fair. Becca didn't know which way they were headed, she just wanted to put distance between her and whatever was happening back at that house.

((Okie dokie, so Fly, it's up to you what you want to do. Becca can turn around and she can be gone, or following, or leading. It doesn't matter to me a bit. She could have gone back to the house, fallen, been captured. Don't let me control her! I just figured they'd end up running away together. Besties and all. ))