Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 AM

Harlan slammed the bottle onto the nearest flat surface, and glanced at it to make sure the thing hadn't broken before storming off. He kept thinking that he had been in the right, though after he finally left the party behind and slammed into his car he realized he couldn't exactly take Axel at face value. Maybe the guy had actually been worried, maybe he cared more then he showed and he meant the exact opposite of those last thrown out words.

After a while, long enough to make sure he had cooled down, Harlan pulled out his phone and started texting. "Axel I didn't really mean I didn't want to be your friend. I regret even mentioning it. Thank you for worrying about me, even if the way you showed it came across the wrong way. After thinking about it I know you were just trying to stop me from getting hurt, but I'm the kind of guy who sticks around people even when they try to push me away."

Harlan found himself smiling. His anger wasn't entirely forgotten, but his want to make sure he and Axel were still friends over rode that. ":P I stick around you, don't I?"

Axel had done one good thing though, for the moment Jayde had been completely ejected from Harlan's thoughts.