View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-11-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
Well if I make hospital-worthy stuff it encourages me to stay within portion sizes. I've done that with cheese-based dishes before where I eat more than I should then just lie in bed waiting for death to take me for my transgressions.

Mmm, powder? Interesting. In other news, I have about 30 boxes of mac and cheese in my cabinet since they were on clearence for 33 cents. It's fast, easy, and sometimes better than spending $30 on two people.

One of my many macs:
1 c sharp cheddar
1 c colby jack
1 c mild cheddar
1 c farmers cheese
1 box, 16-20oz celentani noodles
1/2 c whole milk
1/2 c 1/2 and 1/2
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
4 Tbsp butter
1/4 c panko bread crumbs

I honestly have about six different ways of making this depending on how cheesey, how firm, how condensed, etc I want it, but these are the hits.
You mean mac so good it can send you to the hospital. I was thinking the other way around.

Farmers cheese? What is farmers cheese? I like to use cheddar or a Monterrey jack mix with mozzarella to make the cheeses stretchy.

I'll use an extra packet of powdered cheese to make my mac concoction. A wasted box of noodles is worth it to me if it brings about more flavor.

In addition to the milk and butter I add about a half cup of cheddar soup. Add the cheeses and powder along with some ground beef and you have yourself a fattening meal.