View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-03-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
I've been amazed by news stories about the amount of snow they have received in Oregon!
We have been getting snow in Denver about once a week or so...this last storm left 8 inches at Denver International Airport...though, where we live got about 5 inches.
The BF has been kept busy plowing snow in the mountain communities where we used to live.
I am glad to hear that the stranded trucker was safe and unhurt! ...but, seriously, you need to invest in some pants or coveralls to throw over your shorts before traipsing through deep snow! I'm glad you recovered with no lasting effects!
The mention of waist-deep snow reminds me of my grandfather's reference to deep snow as being ass-high to a tall indian!
Stay warm and safe travels to you!
Stupid me. There was a haphazard trail from the road to his passenger side door about five feet long I didn't see until I returned to my tractor to fetch him water. Arriving on the scene, I tromped through five feet of low snow to his 53 foot long trailer and then wading through waist high snow along some of that 53 feet of trailer. I paid for that mistake.

I actually only own three pairs of pants. Two are athletic long pants and the other is a tan pair of pants similar in style to Dockers. I used to own dress pants, but I only wore those once or twice. I don't even own any real winter weather clothing.
I should invest in a nice Carhartt jacket, Carhartt gloves, work boots and winter boots, serious winter headgear, and some BDU pants. My hypernomadic lifestyle ensures I'm never in a cold place for a long time. Yesterday I was in snow. Today, it's 55° outside.