View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 AM

It's been a long night, but you've finally reached the top of Marcheford Manor. The hairs on your arms stand straight, as you can feel ghostly energy swarming around. You fear this may be the most dangerous floor yet.

Where is everyone?
  • The Attic Storage
    Kya Katsumi . Kay . Ryubahamut . maidenroseheart . Izumi . Popcorn Gun . PapillonCameo . XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX . lunanuova . Anglie . EirianHikari .
  • The Artist's Studio
    Shadami . DariaMorgendorfer . Sally Sinema . Rinetteable . ToriKat . LogicallyDoomed . Iroase Delschatten . ShadowDemon101 . zigbigadorlube . KidK Mirai . neller . fairywaif . Seridano . Cora Lorington . `Kitami
  • The Dark Room
    CrimsonShadow . N I G H T . Razak . Seito . Arechi . HIM_ROCK . Amice . vgracebutterfly . Cardinal Biggles
  • The Gym
    Vickyll3 . KittyLuhv . d2hiriyuu . Elirona
  • The Hobby Room
    Ascadellia . blueblob2 . NeuzaKC . Shishunki . LizzyCollinsDeArc . salvete . jecynecy .
  • The Map Room
    Zweres . Jezriel . GwenaHikari . Ferra . Chikuma . Hadsvich . Itachi's Bride . ~LONGCAT~ . Naisou .
  • The Observatory
    Rabid Rainbow . Wulfwynn . Rochiel Silverfire . nike13 . Saravi Boo . blueblackrose . SesshysMiko . Neora . hummy . GangsterGlam . stephstar101 . Ling . Nonsensical . LaVida . Kent . Codette . Mageling . Fauxreal . Death_to_the_reaper . Artsydaze .
  • The Sauna
    Computosaurus . gummi . Jezmond . Crazymuch
  • The Terrace
    Liztress . KH4Life . *Hime* . Paprika . fireprincess . Roxxxy . Maria-Minamino . Knerd . Aerinn .

It has been quite the evening. Moving past the children's dining room and up the narrow staircase, you and your friends reach Marcheford's last floor. The manor has revealed a wealth of treasure, but also a wealth of terror. A haunting hedge maze. A ghoulish garage. A killer kennel. A bone-chilling ballroom. A devious dungeon. A frightening fainting room. A nightmarish nursery.

Each part of the estate has had its horrors, but also its safe havens. The attic is another story. It is brimming with ghostly malevolence and there is but one room that offers sanctuary, that offers your last chance for riches.

Choose wisely.

After more than a century, the tales of Marcheford's tragedies seem to be the only ones that survive. Very few remember the happiness that lived in these walls. Unbeknownst to you and your fellow explorers, Eloise Marcheford was once renowned for her love of art and her artistic skill. After they married, she asked Alexander for her own studio in the attic, to which he happily complied.

Eloise would spend hours in the Artist's Studio, painting and sculpting. When the children came along, she gave to them her appreciation for art, as well as poetry, literature and drama. Amelia and Sedrick would put on plays in the studio and everyone would attend. Their mother, the staff, even their father, Alexander. And all would have a joyous time. To Eloise, this room was the heart of the house. And that is why no angry spirit dare cross its threshold... for in it remains strongest the energy of her love.

Tucked away behind a row of old, broken easels, the children's costume trunk is found. And opening it reveals Marcheford's greatest treasure.
A set of glistening, magical wings.

Choose one. ;)

A regal collection of peacock adornments.

And 1000g :gold:!

As well, everyone inside receives 2 Survivor Points! :)

You've done what others said couldn't be done. You've the searched the whole of Marcheford Manor and survived. The night is over and the sun is rising. A ray of light catches something you hadn't noticed at the bottom of the trunk. It's a key.

With it is a note. It reads:
"You've found the heart of my home and the key to my heart. Search for me in the cemetery."

What could this mean? You have to find out. You've come this far. Time to return to the cemetery.

(See Post #4)

The Terrace gives a breathtaking view of the woods and the sea. You might say it's a view to die for.

~The Story of Thom Wallace~
Thom Wallace was a kindly old man with a talent for gardening. Due to an accident in his boyhood, he'd lost his hearing long ago. He hadn't been able to speak well since then, so for the most part he just didn't speak at all. Much of his life, people mistook his silence for dimwittedness, and he was treated rather poorly as a result.

Thom found an unlikely friend in young Amelia Marcheford. Little Amelia adored roses, as did Thom. He'd made a habit of picking a small bouquet for her each day, which he'd give to her when she inevitably "hid" from her brother in the rose garden during one of their games of hide and seek. The bouquets were always received with giggles of delight, and their brief meetings were something Thom quite looked forward to.

When Amelia and Sedrick disappeared, Thom sank into a deep depression. Rather than tend his roses down on the manor grounds, he spent his time on the terrace, pacing back and forth uttering incoherencies and staring off towards the Woods.

Thom was found out on the terrace, having suffered a heart attack. He lay on his side with his face turned toward the Woods, cheeks moist with tears and a small bouquet of white roses clutched in his hand.

I foresee the future for those who enter the Attic Storage. And it is very grim, indeed.

~The Story of Sorcha Leven~
Sorcha Leven billed herself a "World Class Psychic." With people dropping like flies in the Manor, a desperate housekeeping staff pooled their apron change and hired her to divine the source of the trouble in hopes that they'd finally be able to put whatever-it-was to rest.

Upon arrival at the Manor, Sorcha pulled a long polished bone from a velvet pouch and began waving it around theatrically, chanting aloud in a strange tongue. She was "pulled" this way and that in her colorful skirts as her divination dragged her around the house. Zig-zagging upward with a handful of curious housekeepers in tow, she arrived finally at the door to the Attic Storage room. Shoving open the door with one chubby hand, she boldly proclaimed, "THIS is where we shall hold the seance!"

She whipped out a swatch of purple fabric and lay it atop a pile of boxes, kicking up an awful cloud of dust. The coughing fit that ensued was even more dramatic than her earlier performance, and though she passed rather quickly from an asthma attack, it took the butler poking her good and hard with his cane for the staff to believe she was really dead.

After all these years, the Sauna no longer heats up. But there is still reason to sweat.

~The Story of Milicent Lollyworth~
Millicent Lollyworth, a distant relative of Eloise Marcheford, only wanted to enjoy her tea in quiet solitude. With the recent passing of her cousin twice-removed, however, the house was a flurry of activity and her usual perch in the Fainting Room was occupied by a mourning aunt. Growing impatient, she shuffled from hallway to hallway until she came upon the Sauna, where she was relieved to discover that not a soul was present.

Perhaps it was the heat of the room, the stress of the day's events, or simply a corset fastened a bit too tightly.. But Millicent began to feel the tingle in her spine, and then the tiny twinkling lights in her peripheral vision appeared -- those familiar, telltale signs that she was about to faint. As her unconscious body collapsed, her tea splashed to the ground and her head hit the sauna bench at just the right angle to snap her neck, killing her instantly.

Don't fret if you can't see in the Dark Room, pretty soon you'll be able to follow the light.

~The Story of Hunter Puget~
Hunter Puget holds the unfortunate distinction of being Marcheford's most recent victim. Time tends to temper the weight of fear. The 21st century had dawned, and to the neighboring town's younger generation the stories of the manor had become less cautionary tale and more urban legend. Kids still feared the mansion, but there was an edge of fun to that fear.

Hunter was was your average teen. He loved music and enjoyed hanging out with his friends. One day, he and his pals got to talking about Marcheford. "I wouldn't go up there for a million gold," said his friend Todd. "You're sad. It's all just talk" Hunter replied. "If you're so brave, why don't you spend the night there?" Friend Richie added.

Now no young man wants to be seen as a coward in the eyes of his friend, so he agreed. The last Todd and Richie saw of him, he pulled on his headphones, climbed the rusted gate and disappeared from view. When Hunter didn't reappear the next day, authorities were sent to search the property. The house was checked from the bottom up, and at the very top, in the Dark Room, Hunter was found... dead. The coroner attributed the teen's demise to sudden cardiac arrest. But others say he died of fright.

As one can imagine, being a ghost doomed to wander the earth for all time can get a little boring. That's why the studious, Sally Dupree leaves her place in the Library every so often to survey the boundless sky in the Observatory. Lamentably, it's a cloudy, moonless night tonight and Sally needs something else for distraction. Maybe you can help her out.

Being dead is no excuse for letting yourself go. That's why when he feels the need for a little toning, our spectral friend, Rufus, floats up to the Gym. He's got a hell of a workout routine planned. Are you ready to exercise 'til you drop?

In life, Amelia Marcheford's favorite hobby was doll collecting. An entire wall in the Hobby Room was dedicated to these finely crafted figures, made of porcelain and china. Perhaps you would like to see her collection. Perhaps you would like to become part of it.

During his short time at the manor, one of Jarvis' duties was to make sure the house was properly dusted. Now, in death, he sees to it that each room is thoroughly covered. And he doesn't appreciate it when some 'flesh head' comes along to disturb the dust. And I'm afraid that's what you seem to be doing in the Map Room.

Raw Entries in Chronological OrderX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kya Katsumi View Post
We're in the Attic today.
I want to search here: Attic Storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
I want to search here: Attic storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweres View Post
I want to search here: Map Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Rainbow View Post
Ooh, fairy wings and gold? Me gusta!

I want to search here: The Observatory

I want to belieeeeeeeve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I want to search here: Terrence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Hisses at the Gym.. mmm photography would be creepy.. *mumbling to self* i want to go to the art studio.. but i'm fond of observatories.. and saunas... nah not the sauna. blech, but the terrace seems like such fun to.. but I'm afraid i'd be pushed off the ledge by an unfriendly ghost there.. hmmm
okay fine. i'll go and do the artist studio

I want to search here: artist's studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
I want to search here: Hobby Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfwynn View Post
Woot! Ghost point. :lol:

I want to search here: The Observatory.
At least I can look at the stars before I die. :XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow View Post
I want to search here: Dark Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post

I thought I had chosen the Nanny's quarters because I have been a nanny in the past and I got all excited, but apparently I changed my mind. Stupid me. >_<'

Last chance...Good luck everyone! It's been fun! Thanks Belly and Howdy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezriel View Post
Again, so many interesting rooms to explore! Hard to pick just one.... Well, might as well get this over with less agonizing than the last entry, lol.

We're in the Attic today. I want to search here: Map Room~!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I G H T View Post
I want to search here: The Dark Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaMorgendorfer View Post
I want to search here: The artist's studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH4Life View Post
We're in the Attic today. I want to search here:The Terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryubahamut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sinema View Post
I want to search here: The Artist's Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinetteable View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblob2 View Post
I want to search here: The Hobby Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshysMiko View Post

Need more ghosties!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razak View Post
I want to search here: Dark Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenaHikari View Post
I want to search here:The Map Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
I want to search here: Dark Room 8D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arechi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriKat View Post
I want to search here: Artist Studio

*approves of this room* ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
Code:
We're in the Attic today. I want to search here: terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
I want to search here: attic storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
I want to search here: observatory!

thank you Captain Howdy and BellyButton!

another awesome game with wonderful prizes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Gun View Post

I'll stop by the terrace later. A healthy sense of adventure is in order.
ADVENTURE TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Ack! I can't believe I missed the last round. ;__; Curse you, work!

I want to search here: The Map Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyDoomed View Post
I want to search here: Artist's Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computosaurus View Post
Whoa! Jackpot in the Nanny's Room! That was even better than a pervy celebrity!

I want to search here: Sauna

I need to relax in the Sauna after this crazy journey! Thank you so much, Bellybutton and Captain Howdy. I had so much fun and I even get a keepsake to remember it by. :hug:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangsterGlam View Post
I want to search here: The Observatory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
I want to search here: Terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikuma View Post
IWe're in the Attic today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post

How could I not enter the studio? >:[
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstar101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyll3 View Post
I want to search here: Gym
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC View Post

I hope I wasn't the only one thinking I could dodge the ghosts for once because they were in the forest... Damn it, I feel stupid. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLuhv View Post
I want to search here: The Gym
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDemon101 View Post

----------

Haaaa another ghost! So hard to avoid XD;;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post

Shi would like to search there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc View Post

This game was fun. :D!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I want to search here: The Hobby Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
I want to search here: The Attic Storage

I'm so sad that this is the last day! T.T
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I want to search here: Artist's Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidK Mirai View Post
I want to search here: Artist Studio!

I hope I'm not too late for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummi View Post
I want to search here: sauna
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecynecy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
I want to search here: The terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
I want to search here: The observatory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
Good morning :)

We're in the Attic today. I want to search here: The terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
I want to search here: Observatory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amice View Post
I want to search here: The Dark room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I want to search here: The Terrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgracebutterfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairywaif View Post
I want to search here: Artists Studio

I like art?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglie View Post
We're in the Attic today. I want to search here: Attic Storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxreal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_to_the_reaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
I want to search here: The Attic Storage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
I want to search here: The Terrace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsydaze View Post
I want to search here: The Observatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
I want to search here: The Artist Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi's bride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
This place is brimming with ghosts! But just one more floor to explore...
I want to search here: The Map room

... At least there aren't too many sharp things in this room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
We're in the attic today.
I want to search here: the Terrace

Sorry if I messed up the writing, my phone can't copy paste text... :gonk:
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmond View Post
I wish my attic looked like this one xP

We're in the Attic today. I want to search here: Sauna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisou View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2hiriyuu View Post
I want to search here: the gym

and here is the last room of the event :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
I want to search here:Artists studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I want to search here: The Dark Room.

Another series of tough choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
This was wonderfully fun!

I want to search here: The Artists Studio

Crazymuch in the Sauna - http://www.menewsha.com/forum/archiv...post1770099581

Elirona in the Gym - http://www.menewsha.com/forum/archiv...post1770102933

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-11-2011 at 12:52 AM..