Thread: Disney Movies!
View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 12-12-2014, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
I fell out of Disney stuffs after I got into high school but after I got into the Marvel stuff which definitely pushed me back into being interested with them.

I still have a deep love for older Disney shows I grew up with. I say Even Stevens and Phil of the Future to name my favorites. I also have a deep love for their DCOMs. My favorite DCOMs being Luck of the Irish, Can of Worms, the Even Stevens movie, and Halloweentown.

My favorite Disney movies(exclusively Disney made and distributed by the studio, not by their other owned properties): Mighty Ducks, Wreck-It-Ralph, Hocus Pocus, Toy Story, and The Santa Clause to name a few.

I like a majority of the Marvel stuff. So excited for Age of Ultron. It comes out 5 days before muh burfday. Basically going to see it as my early birthday present.
Wreck-It-Ralph was great! Love Toy Story as well. I have not watched the other movies you listed. Age of Ultron sounds like a movie I would be interested in! An early happy birthday to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingandsarcasm View Post
Ah, Disney. The company whose more recent films have you in tears within the first five minutes.

Although I'm a huge fan of 'classic' Disney (basically everything before the 80s), I really love what they've been doing in the past couple decades. Sure, it's probably in due to them having exhausted the 'well-known fairytale' genre, but their original concepts have been dealing with more modern issues. They haven't exactly been super controversial - it would be suicidal for them to take any open stances regarding any super risky issues - but they're getting there. And any recognition anything gets from Disney actually means something. They're like the Oprah of businesses.

Although I am a bit annoyed with Frozen. It's a good movie and I liked it the first couple times I saw it, but it's being beaten to death by the marketing department. Which is a shame.
I have not seen Frozen yet. But, I feel like I already know what happens in the entire movie thanks to all the marketing that inevitably contains spoilers.