View Single Post
April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 PM

A cool breeze tickled the crown Emperor's naturally disheveled hair. Morning or not, he supposed it didn't much matter at this point what time he took his walk.

It wasn't so bad here, he thought. The many arches, windows, statues and suits of armor lining the main hallway reminded him of his father's castle. Not too plain and certainly not boasting gaudy decor. From the landing where he stood the courtyard looked quite inviting too. Maybe he could spend some time there tomorrow.

A rather large moth fluttered past him and landed on the aged, but still adamant, stone of the summer castle's façade. Crickets accompanied the night with their usual song, and fireflies danced near the edge of the surrounding moat. Not much of this place was different from home in terms of wildlife either. He saw many deer, cows, sheep, birds and other animals common between the two kingdoms on the way here. [He marveled at the fauna he'd never seen before too.] They were neighbors, after all, with Linaeve stretching from the southern border of Mirarenn to the southernmost point of the continent. Eleven parallel islands several nautical miles off its coast were also part of the Phoenix family's territory. Was he the only one who thought Linaeve looked like an upside-down tree?

Thinking of home just now also brought him back to the words his old man [he's only fourty-four, but still..] shouted as Zamir left home: "Even if you do find yourself a girl to settle down with I won't give up my throne until I'm two hundred!"

He laughed and put a palm over his face, blushing in embarrassment for a good minute because he knew all too well what Lerato really meant: "Give me LOTS and LOTS of grandchildren, okay~?"

How in the world he ended up related to that geezer was beyond him. There was no helping it, he supposed. His late mother, Aletta, chose this man. Unfortunately.. when Zamir was Jenna's age, the High Empress was killed trying to protect him from pirates.

The young royal shook his head as if to clear it, a dark look crossing his face briefly. That was a matter he did not want to dwell on during his stay here.

It was a little over a year later that Eithne came into their lives. She was very brave indeed to take on the job of being the High Emperor's second wife and, although he gave her a hard time at first, the bratty [at the time] heir was very relieved that someone finally showed up to fill the void in Lerato's heart.

In the midst of his musings his legs had already carried him around the castle, down a grassy hill and through the pastures where several horses were resting contentedly. A familiar neigh reached his ears, and the blue-haired man couldn't help but crack a smile. Who needs a nagging female to tie you down when you have the perfect partner right here?

"Hey, Fleta!" he greeted happily, jogging to meet his stunning Gypsy Vanner halfway.

Her coat was a blagdon [which is rare for her breed] skewbald, and golden buckskin in color with white-feathered legs. The 16-hand horse's silky dark mane and tail in contrast only added to her already eye-catching appearance. Speaking of which, Fleta's one blue eye and one brown eye made her look almost like a different horse depending on which side of her you saw.

But don't let those captivating looks fool you. This grand Gypsy's talkative and opinionated nature was in every way a great contradiction to her kind's usually docile disposition. And so, as if on cue, Fleta abruptly stopped just out of arm's reach.

"Oh, here we go.." Zamir quipped as she indignantly stomped her foot, turned around and whipped his face lightly with her tail. His proverbial thought-bubble of being smothered with jovial and unconditional affection had popped, and in its place stood a very unhappy mare.

"Don't be mad, Fleta! I can't help that I slept all day," he grumbled while climbing over the fence that separated them, only to be answered by a disproving snort. "In any case, aren't you tired? You did bring me all the way here. I'm really happy you waited up for me."

The somewhat placated horse turned her head to face him with conviction, swishing her tail again as a sign that it was now safe for him to approach.

"I love you too," spoke the youth. Her response to that was a nudge on his face, and the two walked silently down the meadow back to the stable. He would no doubt be there until his pride and joy fell asleep. Surely his growling stomach wouldn't mind.

{ A post to tide me over until everyone gets to the same time as poor, lonely Zammy. XD

And, UGH. I love that horse so much! T^T}

Last edited by April; 05-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: THE T!!!!