Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 PM

He felt sick. Stumbling, he found his hand resting on that of the mantis. Why was it still with him. Why was it still--

His questioning was put on hold when I found himself taking knives to the arms and legs. Each rip of the knife cut into him in more ways that one. It was like a taunting memory, something he had since tried to forget. But it was back now, and back with vengeance.

"Ack," he grit his teeth as a blade was forced into his arm. As he spasmed, the mantis found its eyes moving on its new target -- Vex.

"No," he spat, realizing full-well that the mantis was looking to the man with the redhead. He had no idea why, but for some odd reason, the mantis wanted to help. Had it realized that fighting humanity was futile? Or was there something more at stake here? Was there something deeper?

Speaking of deeper, the pain that jerked through his body was really starting to toy with his conscience. He was already fatigued from a heavy day's work and to have the air thick with the scent of death? Why, it was unbearable. How was he to survive when so much wanted him dead.

What have I done to receive such ill-fated karma? Was I wrong to save people? Was I wrong to give criminals another chance? Was I wrong to attack the monster that sought to bring us down? Was I wrong to question those in charge and forge a new path to a new era of life?

The blade in his arm twisted, causing his body to grow nauseous. If he could have thrown up, he would have but Vex's tight grip on him ceased any such actions. The world was spinning, he was spinning, and before he knew it, he received a bittersweet kiss. It was so melodramatic it should have been funny, but it wasn't. No, this was the kiss of a woman who truly thought she was wronged? Had he really wronged her? Had he ever hurt her?

Yes, yes he had. But not in the ways she believed. He was too much a coward to save her back then, but he wanted to. Why, he even pleaded with Daliah to help but the woman wouldn't listen. Everything Vex was fed was a lie, twisted and turned to make the redhead look like the villain. If he were the villain, she would have already died.

Again, the blade went back into his already pain-stricken arm. This was beginning to be too much. How could his body keep enduring this? Her acts might have cut him, but her words were the real venom. It was with those pretty, perfect lips that she would pry Sycom of his life and cast him into Hell. If only she knew that no matter what pain she inflicted upon him, his love for her would remain forever unwavering.

It was then when gunshots rang across the air. They started to pelt the woman before him and Sycom's gaze fell from one of sorrow and sadness to one of pure rage. He knew not where he found the strength, but he broke free of Vex's iron grip and actually punted one of the bullets off its course. No one, and he meant no one was going to get free passes to shoot at his wife!

Eyes glowing and his fury building, he began to lose himself. And with each seething step, the mantis followed. As his left foot moved, its left foot moved. As he curled his lips, it barred its fangs.

"You," his hand reached out but his action was cutoff by the waving of a large, bladed object -- the mantis' "hand." The blade came close, cutting the frayed end of Volkov's hair. Eyes wild, he snapped. "This is my fight not yours! Lay down your weapon or I shall take the life you don't deserve to have!"

Towering behind him stood the mantis. Every wrinkle on Sycom's wrathful face was matched by that of the mantis. Every gesture, spasm, and shift of the eye was also mimicked.

And then it clicked. It finally clicked. His eyes. The mantis' eyes. They were the same. Exactly the same. Sycom was... controlling the beast.

Turning his gaze from Sai and Volkov, he redirected his attention on the woman who fought him. "You want to fight me, Nikita Davis, then go right ahead. Kill me, do whatever you must to feel better. Honestly don't care what you think of me because of that's how you feel then we never should have wed. Since the day I first saw you, I have always loved you. I always will."

The mantis dropped its blades before Sycom, acting like a shield to keep her knifes at bay. Only, Sycom wouldn't have it. Pulling the blades away, he let his body become fully visible to her. "Go ahead, fight me, but I will never raise a hand to you nor will I hurt you." Releasing the weapon he used earlier, Sycom raised his hands above his head. The mantis, still under his control, mimicked his actions, which probably looked rather silly despite the gravity of the situation.

TL;DR
Sycom's getting his ass kicked. He's pissed that people are shooting at his wife so he literally swats away a bullet. In his rage, he threatens Volkov's life. Then he turns back to Vex and tells her she can kill him but he won't hurt her. OH and he is now controlling the mantis. Who knew he had Purium?

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 01:42 PM ----------

Someone needed to put a beeper on that woman. Before Ashes could even tell Volkov to keep from another couple's fight, the Russian was firing away her guns. Sure, Ashes wanted to help but he knew all too well what a lover's quarrel looked like. If anyone could take on Vex, it would be Sycom. And, if he failed, at least he could die knowing he tried.

Despite it all, Ashes actually felt sorry for the guy. He had tried so hard. He wanted to make a change. He wanted to save lives. And for what? To have it all come back to bite him in the ass?

Sure enough, Ashes' gut was on-cue and Sycom lashed out at Volkov. Knowing full well how women tend to behave, he lurked forward and yanked the woman back. "This is their fight, not yours. Save your strength for the real enemy."

Looking past the mantis, Sycom, and Vex, stood Remy and what appeared to be an army of elite soldiers. "They're the ones that have tainted your eyes and are calling the shots. They're the enemy. And," he grit his teeth, "I'm ashamed to say I worked for them."

Clapping, one of the men with metals all over his coat stepped forward. "Why Skywalker, you've changed. I see you've lost sight of what matters most. Patriotism."

"LIES!" Hissing, the cat-man inched forward. Man did he want to give this asshole a new asshole! As much as he wanted to engage the guy, he knew better. The team, well what was left of the team, didn't know who they were up against. He needed to brief them and quickly before they did any real damage.

"You are not to kill any of these criminals," he barked out. "Do you understand. We're to render them useless, not dead. If we kill ANY of these men, we'll become full-fledged terrorists and will not only have the army looking for us but the CIA, FBI, SS, and whoever else."

Gleaming over the faces, he saw the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of War, his Commanding Officer, the Vice President, and about four other high ranking government officials, including one Mr. Parker, the father to Olivia Estelle Rue Parker. Or as the SFA knows her, Hime. Alongside these important people, were about five elite soldiers, each trained in the art of kicking serious ass.

And, of course, there was Remy to deal with. Despite taking a ton of bullets, he was doing just fine. Laughing and moving. Where his bones noodles? And skin? Was it putty? Could it really heal like that?

His attention shifted to the one that knew the most about the boy -- Discord. What was Discord's angle in all of this. Was he with Remy? Or did he finally cut dies with the kid that betrayed them all?

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-03-2014 at 04:41 PM..