Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-07-2014, 05:07 AM

Her search for truth within the redhead’s teal eyes was met with pain and sadness. Not because of her own actions, but because of Discord and his selflessness. She couldn’t understand why the boy had saved her instead of just Sycom. Vex closed her eyes, trying to block out the pain momentarily and the tears. The tears that came not because of the stabbing pain in her side, but for Discord, who may now be gone.

The male who laid only a couple feet away from her cried out to Discord. It seemed that the fog within her mind was starting to clear a bit. She found herself questioning everything that just happened. Was she right or was she wrong? Something didn’t feel right about it all. “That’s right,” a voice echoed within the depths of her mind, “don’t let them trick or use you anymore.”

A gasp for air and a cheeky familiar voice caused Vex to look over at Sycom again. Remy he was there, stabbing the older man in the back. Something inside of her broke at the sight before her. The world around them seemed to blur as the scene changed.

“You can’t do this. Please save her,” an all too familiar voice cried out. More words were exchanged, but she was too weak to catch what all was being said. Everything was dark, so dark and her body was heavy most of it numb other than the stabbing pain she felt every time she took a breath. It was hard to tell how much time passed by while she was in that darkness. Nearby another voice spoke it was also familiar, but came from a person she hated. “He’s such a fool wanting to save that girl. Really she’s more of a danger than an asset. Having a criminal who can manipulate time and space and they can’t be controlled easily is just insane. If I didn’t think he’d go through with it I’d just dispose of the bitch right now.” They were talking about her. Was this from six years ago when she almost died? She never recalled any of this before so why now?

The scene shifted to one that was more recent to the time she spent caring for Sycom in his room because the medical staff seemed like they couldn’t be bothered to do it. She had been so worried and then later when he proposed. His eyes, those beautiful teal eyes of his, they said it all when he looked into her pale lavender ones. That’s right she knew he meant what he said. Others were behind the things that happened. That was the truth right? She was still unsure, but she was going to have to play as though nothing has changed in her thinking, not until she knew.

She growled, glaring at the boy. How dare he interfere. How dare he harm Sycom. Finding the strength she needed she rose to her knees. The silver haired woman willed her body to move though it wanted to refuse.

Without any thought she lunged forward taking hold of the knife, pulling it from her husband’s back before basically tackling Remy. Sycom’s mine. No one else is allowed to touch him,” her tone was deadly as she glared down at the boy beneath her holding the knife to his throat. “You should go play with the others while I finish here.”

Remy was foolish for getting so close to her. All she needed was to get her pocket watch back then she could change everything. She would find out the truth. While holding him down even if it was only momentarily the woman searched for her precious watch. Her movements were as though she retrieving more blades from her person as felt near his pockets and other places the watch could be. This had to be done quickly before he caught on to her.

Taking a moment she glanced over to see how her beloved was fairing. There was sadness within those pale lavender orbs that watched him.‘I’m sorry,’ she mouthed before returning her attention to Remy. Vex wouldn’t expect him to believe her words as she couldn’t even trust herself right now.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 10-07-2014 at 05:10 AM..