Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-14-2015, 04:04 AM

A small sense of relief came over the woman when she seen that the others seemed to be following her. It was a surprise truthfully she had expected them to be more stubborn or refuse to follow. For all they knew she would lead them to their deaths, after all only a short while earlier she had went almost all out on her own husband intending to kill him. Her mind was still a jumbled mess, but the one thing Vex was certain of was they had to get away now.

She was pulled from her thoughts as she neared Shadow. The woman was been digging at the rubble in an attempt to find Discord. Lightly she placed her hand on her friend's shoulder. Just as she was about to speak there was a loud rumble from the ruins of the collapsed building. Soon it was followed by the flying debris as Discord emerged from the rubble. The boy had survived and looked as though he was ready to kill whoever got in his way. Soon he Discord was collapsing and Okami being the one to catch him.

Vex sled her arm around Shadow’s and pulled her to her feet. “See, he’s ok. They’ll take care of him, but we need to go now. If we don’t then everything that we’ve done, everything that Discord did will have been for nothing.” Her words were soft, yet stern the look within her eyes dark and threatening. She gave her friend no room to protest as she pulled her along.

Looking back she gave the Russian woman a nod. Her eyes moved back to Ashes and Sycom before they landed on where Remy laid. In the back of her mind she wondered if she had truly killed that demon. He had caused all this and deserved far worse than what she had given him. Soon her gaze moved forward there was a lot of ground to cover before they would reach the secret tunnel that would lead them to safety. “We need to pick up the pace if we can,” Vex called over her shoulder. Hopefully help would be waiting on them inside of the tunnel.

----------------------

All was ready. Darius gave his final orders to those who were part of the extraction mission before turning to Helena and Leon. The pair stood side by side smiling at him. This was the first step to changing this country for the better. The man smiled back at them. Leon you are to lead a team of three to meet with our guests after they enter the Boston tunnel. Be careful. Helena I forbid you from going. You are to stay here where it’s safe. You are dismissed.”

Leon gave a bow before exiting the room, leaving the siblings alone. He knew well that his fiancé would not stay quiet about this.

Helena glared at her brother. “Why must I stay here? They will probably need medical treatment right away. I can help with that.” She stepped closer to Darius and raised her hand to smack him before letting her arm fall to her side. The anger that had flared within her eyes shifted to disappointment. “I’m not a child anymore, you don’t need to try to protect me. We are all in this together, so I’m going to go with Leon. You can’t stop me Dar.” She gave her brother a reassuring smile before hugging him tight. Releasing him she didn’t wait for him to say another word, the woman joined Leon who was waiting in the hallway.