View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Commander Imhoff stared definately at Zenon when he spoke, clearly not intending to answer. As a matter of fact, other than her shoulders rising and falling with her breath, and her eyes blinking calmly, the only movement the woman made was to shift the children behind her as Zenon approached.

Of course, she knew who this man was. Everyone did. This was Zenon, from one of the reigning families in Seven, fiancee of Adelmar. She hadn't expected him to show up, had expected his family to rein him in. Her eyes flickered away, glancing at something, as one of the men fell from a shot. Stupid boy. It's because I'm here... Soldiers went sent that way, and Sarah felt a slight tinge of desperation. That girl meant the life of every single person down here! And Mannik... She kept her face expressionless.

Mannik had placed his focus back on the group, and licked his lips when more soldiers headed towards their building. It was stupid of him. He'd just given up his entire position. Before he could turn and drag Adelmar away, he felt something press into his jacket. Mannik glanced down, before his green eyes found her steel ones. Was she really pressing that knife against him? "We both know you won't...or as you like to claim, can't do anything at all to help me." His hand flicked out, twisting her wrist, removing the knife from her hands.

It was against her throat in a moment, but the sight of her sleeping flashed before Mannik's eyes. His other hand lifted, grabbing her jaw and turning her head. He pressed his forehead against the side of the woman's head, his lips barely brushing her ear. She smelled so amazing...like the sun, despite being Below for a few days. "If you do want to help me, then you'll make sure they kill me, sweetling. It'll be better than anything else they will have in store." He stepped away, and dropped the knife on the window sill, before moving to the other side of the room. He could hear the soldiers moving about, clearing and searching the building.

Mannik's hands lifted his mask to his face, sealing it quickly, and he tossed Adelmar's to her. His eyes flickered to her and for a moment, a look of betrayal sat there. It was gone quickly, however. After all, what did Adelmar do to betray him? He'd kidnapped her for a cause. Of course she wanted to go home. Had he really, even for a second, thought she might want to stay here? With him? He was so stupid sometimes. He turned his back to her then, raising his gun and aiming it to the door, waiting for the soldiers to appear before he started shooting.

Last edited by Kisu; 01-05-2015 at 01:49 PM..