View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-15-2015, 03:04 PM

Joanna's smile faded for a moment. "Oh, I apologize, Lord Rathingar. I meant no disrespect." She smiled again, her usually cheery disposition returning to her. Honestly, she was too excited to feel dejected towards the the Lord's attitude. Still, she knew eventually, once he saw her hard work, he'd grow to like her. Well, that was how she felt about everyone she met.

She listened to the rules carefully. Both of them, she felt confident she'd never break. She didn't believe in corporeal punishment either, even if she wanted to. She could never raise a hand at a child. Or anyone or anything for that matter. She took mental note of that rule and smiled again, she was rather excited to meet the little Leanna.

Joanna curtsied for Mrs. Browne, that happy smile still glued to her face. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am." She followed Mrs. Browne for a moment. Carrying her trunk at her side, partially dragging is since it was a bit too heavy for her to lift. After a few seconds of following the housekeeper, she turned around to speak to Mr. Barrons once again,

"I will gladly uphold the rules, Lord Rathingar. From now on, this house will be filled with nothing but love and friendship." She beamed at that. Joanna was very happy to make this home a place of comfort and cheerfulness. She found herself getting all the more excited to meet Leanna, but it was certainly late and she'd have to calm her excitement until tomorrow, at least. "If you don't mind, perhaps later, I'd like to ask about Leanna. I would just like some details about her so I can provide the best education I can for her." Joanna set down her trunk for a short while as she talked, "I want little Leanna to have the best environment to learn, one she'll be comfortable with and one that will be warm and loving. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps before I settle in for bed, I'd love to hear of her favorite things, her personality and the like."

Joanna was too excited for morning, she probably wouldn't get much sleep that night.