View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-15-2015, 08:41 PM

"Oh, I see. How do you like working for an Earl? Is it exciting?" Joanna was ever so curious about her new employer. Though his daughter was her main focus, he was a part of her, and she wanted to know as much about him as she could. "A hundred rooms! Wow, I've never been inside such a large home. This place is truly beautiful. I've not seen a place like this even in my dreams!" She touched the balustrades gently, curiously. "There must be so much history here." She murmured to herself.

She looked at Mrs. Browne and chuckled a little, "That's alright, I'd much rather carry my own things to my room. I'm here only to service Leanna, I don't want to make any more work for you or anyone else in this house." She lifted her trunk and stumbled back a little. It was certainly heavy, but she'd insist until she was blue in the face that she could carry it on her own. Joanna was used to doing things herself, living here would not change her values in that sense. "I do appreciate the offer, though."

As Joanna carried her trunk up the stairs she noticed her hair was getting messier by the second. She sighed, she wanted to make the best first impression, but it seems that those plans had failed her already. She awkwardly clambered up the steps with her trunk in her arms, careful not to trip over her skirts.