View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-17-2015, 04:53 AM

"Thank you." Joanna tipped her head at Mrs. Browne in an attempt to show her appreciation. "I should probably get my belongings placed." She smiled and gently closed the door behind her as she stumbled into her room. Once she neared the bed, Joanna used all of her strength to swing her trunk onto the mattress.

"I didn't even pack that much..." She mumbled to herself. As quickly as she could, she popped open her trunk and began to place her folded clothing into appropriate drawers. The room had some beautifully lit candles, which was thankfully enough light for Joanna to see, though, it gave her a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. Why did Mr. Barrons not prefer gas lights? The thought didn't remain in her head for too long and she quickly finished unpacking her things.

She had to move quickly if she wanted to meet Lord Rathingar in the library. She definitely needed to freshen up before bed, but she wasn't sure if she had the time for a bath before meeting. "Perhaps if I wash quickly...?" She grabbed a robe and made her way to the washroom.

. . .

After her bath, which was enjoyed very much, Joanna nearly ran through the halls trying to get to the library in a timely matter. She wore her white nightgown and a long, brown robe for modesty, which, she tried to tie before almost opening the doors to the library. Just before she pulled on the door to open it, she remembered Lord Rathingar's warning to knock first, and so she did.

"Lord Rathingar, I hope it's not too late to talk...?"