View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2015, 10:46 PM

“It is perhaps a bit late, as I’ve stated, I’m a bit of a night owl, and the tea should offset the chill a bit.” Leonard waited until Miss Bronte had seat herself, then took his own seat in the next chair over. He remained silent, waiting to see what Miss Bronte would do. He was mildly impressed when she let the silence stand for a while. When she did speak, he was a bit startled by her words. He knew the Manor was outdated, and while he loved it the way it was, he did not expect a young female to feel the same. He decided to focus instead on the later part of her statement. “Leanna loves to be read to, I am sure she will enjoy them. She is learning to read, but in spite of the size of the library, there is a shortage of children’s books. When you have finished those you brought, let me know, and I will send the two of you on a day trip to London to add to Elmsly Manor’s collection.”

He listened to her next question, and frowned. “I would prefer not to wake her, and she is a light sleeper. However, I have a photograph of the family, taken days before her mother’s death. Would that suffice?” He stood as he spoke, but before he could retrieve the picture, Mrs. Browne arrived, carrying a tray with a tea service and pastries and accompanied by her oldest son. Her son, John, carried an armful of firewood, which he set on the rack beside the fireplace, before beginning the task of building up the fire.