View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-20-2015, 01:39 AM

"Oh, I have no doubt in my mind that little Leanna will be reading on her own very soon." Joanna sighed heavily, all the while, still keeping a pleasant smile on her face. "I'm very good with teaching children to read. It's one of my most favorite things to teach..."

Joanna beamed proudly when discussing her work. She wasn't paid much for what she did, but she still enjoyed her work very much. "I love helping children explore their imaginations." She paused there, trying her best to keep her excitement contained. In her line of work, she always grew very attached to the children she taught. "I've taught many children to read and write, to do simple math, to build, to play..." Her smile faded a little and she looked at the fire sorrowfully. "I get excited with every new child I get to teach because I know it doesn't last forever."

At the Earl's statement of letting her and Leanna go to London to collect more children's books, Joanna's grin returned and her solemn aura dissipated. "I would enjoy that very much. Thank you, Lord Rathingar. Yes, I'd love to see the family photo... If you don't mind?"

When Mrs. Browne returned with the tea, Joanna gently took her cup in hand, she held it, but did not drink any. "Thank you, Mrs. Browne."

Last edited by Kory; 10-22-2015 at 05:39 PM..