View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-24-2015, 06:42 AM

Leonard leaned back in his chair at Miss Bronte’s rapid fire questions. He took a moment before answering. “Let me see… Her likes… She loves ballerinas and dancing. I have a dance tutor coming in three times a week for a few hours. Her favorite color is robin’s egg blue, and her favorite book is “The Train to Timbuctoo”. It’s a bit young for her, but I have been reading it to her since she was an infant. She likes making forts out of her mashed potatoes, and any meal that contains them is sure to be a success in her eyes.” He paused again.

“As to what she fears… Her mother’s death deeply upset her. She is afraid I will go away and not come back as well, and frequently asks me to promise that I will still be there when she wakes up.” He frowned thoughtfully. “Mrs. Browne, perhaps you could fill Miss Bronte in on what a typical day is like for Leanna?”

Mrs. Browne nodded. “Of course, Lord Rathingar. Let’s see. I generally wake Leanna up about an hour and a half before dawn, so that she can join her father for breakfast. After he retires, we generally take a walk around the property. Leanna particularly cares for the rose garden. Leanna also enjoys watching the cook prepare lunch. No matter how many times I’ve told her it’s not appropriate, she insists on doing so every day. After lunch, she either studies, or meets with the dancing tutor. We have afternoon tea, and then she likes to draw or paint until Lord Rathingar comes down.”