View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 AM

The car ride to camp Jiko o hakken had been much noisier and longer than Takumi had intended. Originally he had planned to take a taxi to the camp, but his siblings insisted that they drive him instead because they didn’t spend enough time together anymore. Sure it was true that the three of them hardly got a chance to really spend time hanging out and catching up on things, but they all had their separate lives now that they were adults. His sister laughing caused him to break from his train of thought. “Are we there yet? It shouldn’t be taking this long to get there. You guys are up to something aren’t you?” His dark eyes looked from Yumi to Kai. Another laugh came from the pair. “We’ll be there soon, but really that all depends on you. It’s been so long. We want to hear you sing. Please?” The look in his younger sister’s eyes made it hard for him to say no. Takumi sighed, running a hand through this hair. “Fine, if it will get me to camp sometime in the next century,” he joked. With a grin his sister turned on the karaoke cd she had with her. It had a mixture of different songs. One of her favorites to hear her older brother to sing was White Night True Light, which also happened to be the opening theme from one of the siblings’ favorite anime. The young raven haired man song with the music as it played. Once the song was over he looked to his siblings. “Happy?” The pair nodded, the woman asked him to sing one more. Luckily for Takumi it was too late as they were finally at the camp. “I’ll sing more next time if you sing with me Yumi,” he told his sister as they said goodbye. He bid his siblings farewell.

Thank God I’m finally free. He chuckled a bit before heading off to put away his things. It was probably lucky for him that it was still early and he had time to get his things put away before breakfast. Truly he did love his siblings, but he was thankful to finally be away from them. “Note to self never go on a long car ride with your brother and sister ever again,” he said to himself as he reached his cabin and put his things inside. He left the cabin behind to go do some exploring. Things seemed pretty quiet other than the birds and the arrival of other campers. He wondered aimlessly for a while getting a feel for the place and hunting for a good spot where he could meditate. His search came up empty as his stomach growled loudly telling him it was time for breakfast. It took the male a little bit, but he found his way back to the dining hall. From the sounds of things inside he was one of the last ones to arrive.

Taking a deep breath Takumi opened the door and entered. Things seemed to be rather lively once he was inside. At first he tried to block everything out and just focus on getting some food. That was hard when the person nearby was stumbling back and forth trying not to spill their drink. He closed his eyes when the young woman finally fell. Food went flying and he was sure that he would probably be the one to end up wearing the orange juice when it went. A couple pieces of food were all that landed on his head. “Nice catch,” Takumi said, offering the woman his hand to help her to her feet.