View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM

((OHMYGOSH, I'm so sorry about not posting. :cry: I apologize, and I will try to keep up with it better. Sadly, with the summer being here, I am out most of the time. :())

"Doesn't everything have a voice?"
Ariel tilted his head a fraction of an inch and paused. The elemental drifted to stand beside the woman once again before letting his silver eyes narrow. He'd felt . . . similar . . . about many things. Perhaps everything needed a mouth to speak: he certainly held the concerns of the wind wrapped about him constantly. As though to remind the forest that he was the one to have a semblance of control, Ariel sent a swift wind flashing through the pink trees. The responding rustle made the corners of his mouth twitch in amusement.

There was a twinge of something that made the male pause. There were even more souls in the nearby woods now. Ariel's features slid into a snarl for a moment before he swiftly wiped it away. Damned forest. Do you need more to feed upon? Being trapped in a prison with no key was the worst torture imaginable. Ariel had been part of this forest for longer than he could remember . . . and there was nothing he longed for more than freedom.

"What is this place, my companion of the wind?"
It almost seemed as though he wasn't going to respond to Cecilia's question, but he eventually let his whispers fill the air about her. "This forest has a mind of its own. It is a beautiful place . . . but never have I seen happiness within it." Granted, that could be because he saw everything through a melancholy-tinted eyeglass. . . .
"No one knows how to find it, how to leave it . . . or how to avoid its games." Bitterness tinted his voice, and the tendrils of wind that caressed Cecilia's features were edged with unseen frost.
Silver hair cascading about his shoulders, Ariel sighed and let his fingers run through the woman's unbound hair. It was comforting to feel something so solid: she wasn't a figment of the forest's illusions, but a person of the real world. Someone from outside the bright glowing trees and lonely darkness that filled the evenings. If Cecilia had been able to see she might have caught the flicker of longing on his pale features.
"Why did you come here?" His words were full of a mixture of feeling: curiosity and pity. As Ariel spoke his winds drifted about them once again, like unseen hands that both guided and supported the traveler.