Thread: Marked for Dead
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-04-2015, 07:22 PM

Boredom and greed? At least now Percy knew Kallen wasn't higher than the average gangster. He expected a righteous reason. They usually spouted nonsense like that when betraying their own. But it was all for greed in the end. At least this guy admitted it. For a second, a rueful smile crossed his face, then Percy slumped forward with he elbows resting against his knees. "This James guy sounds too nice for a gangster. That's just...bad business." Even though he said that, he did so with little force. As usual, unable to stop his mouth, he kept talking. "It's one thing to say that gang is your family and another when your family is the gang. These days, it's just me and Alex. I never gave him a reason to rely on me, so like I said, it's just business. Deep down, all seedy folks are like this. We're looking out for number one!"

And that's why Percy would do whatever he could to get on Alex's good side. He had no one else to rely on, not even himself. On his own, he knew he'd die within the year, screw up that he was. I'm going to deliver Kallen to The Dragons when I get the chance, like a head on a damn silver platter. Which meant using Kallen to escape would only be a bonus.