View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 PM

Eve was grabbed, her eyes blazing at this newest impudence. It certainly did nothing to improve her temper. She fought against the Marine's grip, but he was larger than her and firmly planted. She was a good fighter- the best on this ship and many others- but there wasn't much she could do when she was pinned like this. Her mouth was forced open and the broth was shoved into her mouth.

She barely resisted the urge to spit it at him, swallowing it and leveling a glare at him that could and had made lesser men shake and piss themselves in fear. No longer yelling, or even fighting, she just glared at Andrew.

"Yes, that might- no, it is much better than whatever Cook was likely making. Yes, he is not qualified to be a cook- this is a privateer vessel, and as such we have a hard time convincing anyone but the worst cooks to join our crew. However, that doesn't give you the right to throw a man in the brig. After you leave, I will still have to have someone to cook for this ship, and you just threw one of the more qualified cooks into the brig." She let out a deep breath, pulling away from Lukas and resisting the urge to break his nose for manhandling her.

"Perhaps we could come to a compromise, Andrew. I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to train one of my crew to be a cook that meets your high and exacting standards?" To her credit, she wasn't even terribly vicious sounding. Straight forward, clear, but she kept the sarcasm out of her voice on the last line, and that certainly was a feat.

----------------------------------------------------------

Amy laughed a little as Paddy offered to cure her of her fear of heights. Having ducked out of his arms, she frowned deeply at the words that came out of the intercom, turning it off after the Captain's tirade. The Marines certainly didn't need to know about the Captain- and Amy's- life debt to Andrew.

No, that was a card better played close to the chest. Liam huffed and puffed, looking up to Amy.

"Mr. Mitchell said I was to come and tell you about the Captain." The boy managed to get out. Amy snorted in response, motioning her head to the squawk box.

"Well, I know rightly enough now, I'd suppose." Of course, Mr. Mitchell knew that Amy was one of the few on the ship that could hold her own with the volatile Captain, especially if it came to blows.

"I suppose I'll go up. Liam, be a good monkey and make sure none of these Reds lay a hand on my sexy beast."

Amy took off, not running, but moving with the speed that all of the crew seemed to move with. It came with the familiarity of their surroundings and just practice moving around the ship.

"Yes, Mum!" Liam answered, crossing his arms and turning to face Paddy and Dr. Holmes, watching them warily. While the boy wasn't afraid of much, he certainly didn't want to tangle with them. He sat down on Amy's recently emptied chair.

If there was one thing that frightened him more than the Redcoats, it was Amy.