View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 07-05-2015, 03:14 PM

The stall had been open only a matter of minutes before the first orders came in. Sally, an older woman of 68 placed an order for the following week for one classic bread loaf, one seeded bread roll and one sweet roll, as well as ten eggs and two packs of bacon. The orders came in like that for a while and all money was taken on the spot for orders; the locals knew they were getting what they payed for in quality and quantity. An older gentleman had once made the comment that they could knock down a row of bowling pins with one of their loaves because they were so big. The quality of everything they made was second to none, due to the fact that everything was home grown and home made.

After about an hour, Eloise was noticing the slight tightness of her skin that came with sunburn. She was hot and tired and agitated and decided to take herself off to cool down for a moment and lash on some sun screen. "Max, man the stall for five minutes. I need sun cream, before I turn into a Lobster" she sighed as she patted his shoulder and began to walk away. "It amazes me that you burn so easily! You'r just like mom" he laughed and took over wrapping loaves in crisp brown parcel paper ready for sale.

Only five minutes later and Eloise returned, feeling miles better after splashing her face with some cold water and rubbing her fragile skin with factor 50 sun cream. "What'd I miss?" she asked Max, walking up behind him. "Not much. Oh, we sold the last sour dough loaf, so if anyone asks... They'll have to pre order and wait until next week" he replied. Eloise wasn't surprised they had sold them all. They were always pretty popular in the summer months.

As Eloise continued wrapping and parcelling produce, she heard an unfamiliar female voice asking if the bread was for sale. As she looked up, her mouth fell open and it took everything she had not to shout out in shock. The woman standing in front of her must have been on her way to some fancy dress party or something, because she looked like a robot had bred with a human and created some king of mix of the two. "Ah, erm... Yes, bread. We sell bread!" she stammered, completely dazed by the tall young woman. Luckily, Max was there to rescue her from her babbling. He stepped up by the side of her and flashed the lady one of his 'Prince Charming' style grins and said "Nice to meet you sweetheart. We sell all kinds of things here. We have regular loaves of plain bread, we have cheesy bread rolls and we also do some sweet breads like chocolate and fresh blueberry. Anything that takes your fancy?" Eloise was so grateful for her brother at that moment, because she was almost certain that the strange new lady thought she had some kind of metal problems. She turned her face away as she blushed fiercely and straightened her summer dress out.