Thread: Departure Time
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-03-2017, 01:19 PM

((this is a continuation of a story written in a public rp where Mira, the runaway slave, was caught in a storm and took refuge at an inn where he met a travelling book seller. Viridis took him under her wing while they talked, determined to help him make a new life for himself. The next morning Veldrin Vedris, a merceneray dark elf, arrived at this same inn. He hadn't expected to find Mira, whom he had been hired to bring back to his master, having lost the trail in the storm.
Sympathetic to the young man's plight, he said he wouldn't carry through with his job. After some discussion, Viridis hired him with the gold which had once adorned Mira in his former life. Now they are all preparring to flee. (see Night's Inn rp for actual posts)))

Kry: I thought putting in a little summary might be helpful for later on.

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 10:44 AM ----------

Veldrin had made the bag of gold disappear, with just a few words. Emerald eyes wide, the young woman stared at the elf for a few moments before comming back to her senses. Magic did exist after all, though in the areas the book seller usually traveled it was a rarity.

Perhaps what startled the brunette more was hearing Mira's admission that his own parents had been the ones to sell him into such a horrible life. Indignant anger flared high in Viridis's heart, making her want to lash out at ... something. Instead she took a deep breath, closed her eyes for a moment, and imagined herself with her staff in hand, going through practice. Once calmed, she went to Mira and gave him a one arm hug. "They must have been absolutely desperate." Starving perhaps? If there had been more mouths to feed .... Perhaps they thought Mira would actually have a better go at life then they did, when they sold him off. It was still inexcusable though. The whole idea of slavery stank, and yet it existed. There wasn't much Viridis could do about it, except get this one runaway as far from his former master as possible.

It brought her back to her earlier realization. She needed to leave her family behind, everything she'd known ... All to help a near stranger. One glance at Mira made her resolve firm. Her parents didn't need her, they had other children and employees to help with the business. She would have been married off to some stranger soon anyway, to cement a new business deal or something. Oh of course her parents would have made sure the man was friendly, got along with her, but he would have stopped her from traveling, she was sure.

"Before we leave, I'll need to write a letter to my family. I must tell them something, to let them know that nothing horrible has happened to me. I also need to try and get all the books to my parents, they need this new stock." That meant hiring someone to take everything all that way to another domain. She would probably need to give her donkey away to pay for it, since she'd not enough otherwise, save with such a fine animal. "There should be somone in a nearby town trusworthy enough, and willing to take my donkey as payment ..."