View Single Post
YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 10-04-2022, 12:21 AM

(( No worries c: I'm still here and happy to write ))

Gwen stumbled, lost in the dust of her racing thoughts until she found herself secure in Lea's hug. It was familiar and pacified a deep-rooted sense of grief and abandonment that would hijack her mind every so often. It was a feeling she couldn't trace back in memory, but it permeated her sense of self nonetheless. Gwen's momentary panic subsided in Lea's grip and she felt exhausted all of a sudden, but she also felt grounded and generally glad to be in good company. She turned her head to the side, outward from the safe haven hug and toward the window. Then she noticed the distant lights.

She had heard old stories of large-scale battles between the guardians and the shinigami. If it weren't for the state of affairs between the two factions, their picturesque descent might have felt more like a fairy tale rather than a nightmare.

"Lea," she whispered. "A-are those...Guardians?"

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Silas followed Mars's movement until she reached Arael. He felt hopeless, but refused to admit defeat. There was still time. Broken and alone my foot, he thought. Then, he noticed Jason take flight from the balcony a ways off and spark of courage re-ignited in his chest. He had failed over and over before, and he wasn't sure if he would have a second chance, but under the grace of the opportunity ahead he vowed to not go down without a fight.

"Are you sure?" Seamus replied. She didn't take her eyes off of Solias, but Mars got the hint and looked up.

"Shit," she swore under her breath. Then she raised her voice and habitually summoned her wings out of the shadows of the fading light. "What the hell is this?" she demanded. "You tell us to f**k off with one of your own so that you can sic reinforcements on us when we turn around?! Agh―forget it. Rei," she said as she turned to look at her companion. "We need to go fetch the little ones, we're not safe here. I can do it, I should be right back. If something happens, we can meet at the shrine, okay?"