View Single Post
MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-08-2011, 03:27 AM

[Sorry about that!! :sweat: I had computer problems accompanied by sudden work *bows apologetically*]

"I see. Orcade must be a great land if the mere mention of it can make its princess smile.", Samuel remarked. The expression she wore on her face after hearing her homeland's name seemed brighter and more sincere. It didn't escape his notice and Samuel thought her smile was nothing less than charming.

When it was Claudia's turn to ask the questions, the young man found himself caught a little off guard. "Me?"
"Well, you'd be guessing right, M'lady. I'm from the country of Zhima and my father is the former Duke of Zhima Kruzhevo, Lord Marcus. I inherited his position and now oversee the duchy.", he replied. "I suppose most of my countrymen are pretty pale. There are plenty of clouds that hide the sun from view but at least we are fortunate that they aren't enough to dim its light."
Samuel found that he too was affected by the thought of his home. Before he knew it, he had moved his hand towards the collar of his clothes where a scarf would have normally been. Because he usually wore one in the north's frigid weather, it had become a habit of his to adjust his scarf every now and again. However, the climate in this region wasn't cold enough to require the use of one. Realizing there was nothing there for him to fix, the young man paused in surprise before lowering his hand.

Clearing his throat to hide his embarrassment, he continued, "But I guess the same could be said for us about foreigners. We can figure out if someone isn't originally from the kingdom by how they look. You're lovely hair color, for instance, isn't a common sight in Zhima."

Taking a quick glance around them, Samuel noticed that there were already a lot more people moving about. Some of them were even heading for the kitchens, probably lured by the thought of food. "Do you think we should join the others for a meal? Or perhaps you have already eaten?"