View Single Post
Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-30-2016, 11:51 PM

Trevor listened intently and patiently as the men took turns telling him the story of how they had found the mermaid and showing him the photographs of where she had been found. He did not recognize the place in the photographs but assumed that it was a place the fishing crew usually cast their fish nets. Then he listened to what price the fishermen wanted to sell her for. He paused to think about it.

"Well," Trevor responded to the fishermen, "It appears that you took very good care of this mermaid and for two weeks, at that, just to be able to show me since I only have this exhibit once a year. So I appreciate that you decided to sell it to me. If I can also have the tank she is in, I know it is not big enough for her but because I will first have to figure out a space on my premises to keep her as I don't have one set up yet, then I think $45,000 is a fair price. We have a deal!"

Trevor and the fishermen shook hands after this agreement. Then, he asked the fishermen to move their caravan inside to place the fishtank down next to one of his underwater exhibits. He could not release the mermaid into the water because there were some rare fish inside and he was afraid she would eat them. But at least the tank would be close to where he could build a new enclosure for her.