View Single Post
Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I embrace it, as it embodies who I am.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 AM

(Ava The Vampire: Sorry if this is god-moding, or if this is affecting anything you had plan, but this is kind a necessary for the scene I had in mind.)

Sophie would feel a hand grab onto her hand. It wasn't a sharp tug, it wasn't a jerk, it was a reassuring grip, meant to give strength and confidence. Filius would approach the teacher on his face, a look of....disapproval on his face, at the teacher. "If that is the case, then you've already failed as a teacher. You should be ashamed. "He said. Being defiant was one thing, but denouncing a teacher in front of his entire class? That took guts. "Have you, Sir, forgotten about warriors like this young woman, who have started out from humble origins, and are revered as Hero's in our lore?"he asked him. He then spoke loud, so that the class, and the few magic-casters that had come to retrieve Filius, could hear.

"What about Adriana Blackguard, Tribal woman of the Azarus Deserts, who lead an army of warriors to cleanse her lands of the demon nests? She had no training, was a simple gatherer, and yet she managed to unite the warring tribes and destroy a vermin so sick it deserved death. "he said. "Or, how about Sivani Griswald, blacksmith to the Griswald family from the village of Arroyo, who became the most famous dragon-hunter of her age? She slew a High Dragon in the Twilight cathedral, the great worm Tiamat, out of a desire of revenge, for the destruction of her village."He said. Filius had always been an avid historian, and frequently requested books, as a child and as an adult, as to learn from the mistakes of the past, and use proper knowledge to pave towards the future.

"These woman had no training, no skill what so ever, and nothing that made them significant, yet they stood out as hero's! This woman here- "He held his hand out towards Sophie. "Has trained herself to be ready to become like that, to become something greater, a hero for this day and age. She has the same will, the same smarts, and the same pride in her craft, but she has something they did not: The knowledge on how to fight. She trained herself to be ready for this. Yet all of you shut her down, because of what gender she is? You make me sick. You call yourselves weapon masters? I am a Magic-caster, but you're nothing compared to what a weapon-masters should be. "He said. He then pointed towards the one that had been bothering Sophie earlier. "You- I shall use you as a Demonstration. "he said.

In case the teacher decided to dismiss this, or the students shook it off, he decided to bait them. "Or perhaps you don't want too? Scared that a 'Robe' might knock you down on your ass, like the drunken vermin you are?"he asked them, goading them. This was the Filius, that Sophie remembered. Always using his voice as a weapon, not going straight into a fight. IT was surprising that he managed to reign in his anger so easily. She'd also understand that the weapon-masters would be forced to accept the challenge. Refusal to do so would be a forfeit of honor, and seen as a weakness.

Last edited by Andraus; 09-23-2015 at 05:42 AM..