View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 AM

"History..." The instructor said, "...is in the past. A modern woman's place is no longer on the battlefield."

Sophie wrinkled her nose in anger. She thanked her lucky stars for Filius and it felt good having her stand up for him, however, Sophie leaned towards, Filius, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder,

"You don't have to do this, Filius. I don't want you to get into trouble over me." She whispered. "They aren't worth it."

But the boy who's been bothering Sophie didn't look like he was going to back down, which made Sophie nervous. She knew Filius could easily rip this boy a new one and she didn't want to have any part in his death. When the boy took a step forward, Sophie slipped out from behind Filius, grabbed his hands while looking directly into his eyes,

"Filius, you don't have to prove anything to them."

She almost, almost regretted whispering because the boy now decided to take the opportunity to pester Sophie once more,

"What's the matter, sweet cheeks? You don't need to protect this skirt wearer. Maybe if you stuck with your own kind you'd have an easier transition. You're with the big boys now, Dorothy, this ain't Kansas."

Sophie grit her teeth, turning around to face him. "Listen, asshole..." She said, "Filius could beat your ass in a fight with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back. But it's not him you should be afraid of. If you so much as touch me again I will bruise you so badly that you'll feel it in your dreams."

Turning to Filius again, she winked, knowing that if this was going to go down with a fight, that Filius would be the victor and she'd be at his side, where she always wanted to be.

(I hope this works!)