View Single Post
Dingbatz

Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Karyan made his way towards the new recruits, studying them as he went. They seemed alright. His mind began to wander though, drifting to the excitement he felt at knowing that, soon, they would have to stop at a port and that meant shore leave. As he was thinking about this he didn't notice the large puddle of slippery, soapy liquid on the deck and suddenly he found himself on his back, his feet slipping out from under him. He let out a startled shout, wincing as he pulled himself to his feet and stared around half wildly for the one that had caused this. His eyes landed on the newest member of the crew...what was her name again?

"You!" he pointed at her, gesturing to himself and then back to the girl. "Captain's orders, you'll be working under me from now on." He glanced to the side at the one taht was meant to be watching the new recruits. He gave an eye roll before gesturing back to the girl. "Well come on then, we don't have all cay and clearly I've got a lot to teach you. The first thing, I think, is how to properly mop. I'll give you a hint, the water isn't meant to all go in one place."

Meri saw the incident but chose to ignore it. She'd told the boy to look after the recruits and it seemed he'd made his selection. Hopefully the girl would improve and even if she didn't there would be someone keeping a closer eye on her so she wasn't likely to cause as much trouble. If left to her own devices Meri was quite sure she would cause quite a bit of trouble, not intentionally but it was bound to happen. She turned and headed towards her second, raising an eyebrow at his last statement.

"As soon as we catch a ship that has enough cargo to pay for an upgrade," she replied, coming to stand beside her second and staring at the map. She traced a known shipping lane, a thoughtful look on her face. She did a quick mental calculation, estimating that it would take them aproximately two days to reach the intercept point. "There's a rumour flying about that a merchant ship is making its way to Kyria from Devune. We haven't been having much luck recently...I think it's about time we change that, don't you?"