View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 AM

Adin nodded thoughtfully as he continued to listen. He took in more of the woman’s features. The male barely noticed any of her human flaws, of course he wasn’t really looking for them to begin with. Sarah was right, they wouldn’t know with how many options there were.

“I do, the first gig is tomorrow night actually.” He gave her a smile and slight wink. “I hope you do decide to stay. This city is pretty peaceful.” It was rather amusing the way she dug into the muffin. Adin took a sip of his tea, his eyes wandering the room. The male pouted slightly as it seemed the auburn haired woman who had shot him down earlier along with her rather grumpy friend were gone. No matter, he had giving her an open invitation that in the back of his mind he knew she wouldn’t take.

His eyes returned to Sarah. He didn’t even seem to notice the now visible tattoo. “Tell you what. Since you may not be in town long I’ll give you a ticket and backstage pass to the show. You can use it at whichever one you come to or you do what you want with it.” Adin pulled out the pass and ticket of his pocket and laid them on the table before her. “I do hope that you choose to come visit me my honey.” Once again he flashed her with one his signature smiles.

A few moments of silence passed before it was interrupted by the alarm on his watch. A groan came from the male as he turned the alarm off. “Sorry my honey, but it seems that I must take my leave. The duties of a busy idol call once again.” He rose to his feet, watching her.

“I bid thee farewell and I do hope to meet you again my honey.” Adin bowed in a grand fashion before taking his leave. He left money behind on the table. It was more than enough to cover both his meal and Sarah’s meal as well. The golden haired idol disappeared out into the street which was now lit by the lamps. Time seemed to have slipped away pasted the two strangers as they talked and now it was already after dark.

------------------------

The male’s words about intimidation and weakness rang true in the woman’s mind. It annoyed her slightly because he was now learning what one of hers was. She had already said too much, revealed too much about how she didn’t want him looking for her in the system because she feared what had happened in the past.

“Yes, it’s clear that you didn’t want me here to begin with. Besides, I don’t care for answering the questions you have. I much rather just leave things as they are.” She had paused, her hand on the knob to the door.

“It’s true that I am curious about you and why you find me as interesting as I find you. But some things are better left alone.” Odessa’s voice trailed off at Cain’s next words. They may or may not have been meant to provoke her, but that is exactly what they did.

Turning around she glared at the man in the chair. “I’m not as easily broken as you think my dear Cain. There are just some topics that are off limits or should never be given much thought.” Why did he insist on pushing her like this?

Now it seemed he was trying to tempt her to stay. This man was really a contradiction and rather confusing. “Stay? You must be joking right? Especially after calling me foolish for coming here to start with.” She scuffed at him. Again her instincts were screaming at her to run away while she had the chance. “May I ask what makes you think that I’m frightened?”

The woman gave a slight nod. She knew how he was when he was searching for something. Maybe that's why she was afraid? Why she was so quick to anger. The topic he brought up was taboo to her and he wanted to look into it. “I do know this Cain. Truthfully I think it would be unwise for me to stay here. Unless you can give me one good reason as to why I shouldn’t return to the place that I’m staying.”

Last edited by blueblackrose; 10-01-2014 at 05:44 AM..