View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2014, 09:02 PM

((Sorry for the uuuber long wait on this one! If you don’t want to continue this after so long just let me know.))

Ilyas was overwhelmed with the sights and smells of the open air marketplace. It wasn’t the first time he had been there but today he was in a hurry and didn’t have time to stop and ogle the wares. He needed to find a bag, some gear, and some food as quickly as possible. It wouldn’t take long for his absence to be discovered and then he would not only be running after his brother; he would be running from the very palace guards who had vowed to protect him. Obviously they hadn’t been up to the task so perhaps he wouldn’t have such a hard time evading them after all. Still, haste was necessary and Ilyas made quick work of finding a sling bag and some dried beef and berries as well as two large canteens.

Mentally checking off what he needed, Ilyas realized he had yet to procure a weapon. He was making his way towards a booth with a number of scimitars lined up for purchase when he felt something brush against him. Almost before he had realized what happened, a young man sprawled in front of him. Ilyas was almost ready to ask the man if he was alright until he noticed the golden chain in his hand. Recognizing the piece of jewelry, Ilyas’ face hardened. He could easily call for guards to arrest the thief but then his own cover would be blown, which wouldn’t do. Stepping over the man as he righted himself, Ilyas snatched the necklace back with one hand and firmly grasped the man’s wrist with the other to prevent him from easily escaping.

“Just what were you planning on doing with my necklace, boy?” he asked in a harsh whisper. “No doubt you would have sold it to the highest bidder I’m sure,” he said, answering the question himself. Just then he got an idea. The boy didn’t look like much but he was in need of information and this man looked the type to come by it easily enough… “Lucky for you, I won’t turn you in, provided you do me a service that is…” he said, tightening his grip on the other man’s wrist to make his point.