View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM

The twinge of annoyance Jasper had caused Ai was swiftly filtered from her expression as Samuel spoke up again. She didn't know him well, but she still remembered how glad she was glad he had attended this event. They'd met formally under only one occasion, but since then she'd only caught glimpses of him at royal events that were held at the kingdoms between theirs. Still, she found him to be good company. Smiling warmly once more as she was given the means by which to leave, she would nod in agreement. "Yes, let's, I'm famished," she replied, casting what was meant to be a last glance over at Jasper after Samuel had thanked him. It was well-deserved, truly, with how wonderfully light his music had been as it rung softly through the room.

This was when the insults were dealt, one of her hands rising to rub the side of her neck in a troubled manner. She still meant to leave the room, but it seemed that the harsh words from Jasper had tweaked something in Samuel that they hadn't triggered in her. While she hadn't been interested in what the prince had had to say, she found the Duke's reaction far more enticing. So, brushing a strand of her to the side, she would glance back at him as he made his response. Of course he argued against the words as she had expected of him, but however noble of him it was to do so, it was what he said towards the end that actually lead to her great surprise. Eyes widening slightly as he claimed that he was already attached to her, she swiftly averted his gaze to assure that he wouldn't see her reaction. Feeling her cheeks warm in what she was sure was a light blush, she turned and let her gaze drift to the floor. What kind of reaction is this? I have to- She let out a breathy sigh and calmed herself, then looking over at Samuel once more. I have to keep my chin up and realize that he is merely responding out of spite. Right? Shaking her head a little at herself, her smile relit itself and she was lifted back into the mindset she'd been in as she had met him this morning.

Moving on through the door to exit the room and enter the hallway, she would wait there a moment for Samuel to exit the room before slowly beginning to walk once again. From the sound of it, not only were the two acquainted but they seemed to know each other quite well. Perhaps not in the best of ways, though. In any case, her thoughts gravitated from that subject to the prior. Attached, huh? The apology on Jasper's behalf dragged her from her thoughts, her gaze moving to rest on him again as she shook her head slowly. A grin slid up along her lips, her appreciative gaze a sign that she didn't believe the lie from his lips, however pleasant believing it would've been. "I know what he meant by it, but there's no need for you to be apologizing on his account, Sir Winters, " she assured him, then touching his shoulder briefly to show that she meant it before withdrawing her hand and smiling more warmly once again, "Besides, I'm not insulted. I do appreciate your concern, though." An almost playful flicker in her eyes as she regarded him, she let her gaze then drift on to look ahead of them. I wouldn't particularly mind being attached to him. In fact, if I could choose-- Feeling her cheeks begin to heat, she dismissed her thoughts again. That wasn't how this game worked, and even so, there were many here that she should try to get to know.

As they neared the den trance to the kitchen, Ai would cast a sideglance his direction and speak up once more before she was sure they'd reach the others. The voices of those inside were already easily audible from the hallway, but she wished to say at least one more thing to the duke while she had the chance. Their options to talk were rather limited outside of this palace after all, and even inside with all of the others and the variety of activities to try out. "I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised to see you here. It's nice being able to speak to you again," she spoke as she sent a smile in his direction, remembering the times she had seen him around but had been too preoccupied to really speak with him. "I wasn't sure I'd get the opportunity to get to know you," she then added as she slipped into the kitchen, moving aside for his entry as well, then pausing where she stood in surprise with the sight before her.

The sight of the men standing so closely, even hugging, was somewhat strange to walk into th kitchen to see. What was more, it seemed that Prince Shiriki was groping the Emperor Zamir as if he were a lady. Even if he weren't a lady, it was enough to cause the young lady's eyes to widen slightly. Clearly surprised, she then relaxed after a moment and let off a soft laugh, "Well, it appears you two are getting along swimmingly..." she spoke up, smiling amusedly before moving to think up some kind of food to suffice for breakfast.

Jasper on the other hand, had set the instrument carefully beside him while his old friend Samuel replied. Then smiling slyly, he shrugged lightly, bow in hand. He had no time for a verbal reply, but his eyes followed after the two until they'd disappeared from his sight. That sly dog. Sighing, he ran his free hand up through his unruly hair and slouched against the back of his chair. So this is how far we've come, Samuel? Bfore his memories bubbled up from the depths of his mind he shoved them back with a great force and picked up the beautifully-carved violin once more. He hadn't time for such folly as nostalgia-- he had to practice.

Halloween hangout + contests!