View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 AM

As the guard yanked Sophie's arm there was a groan heard, mere moments before one of the guards fell to the ground. The guard who had Sophie, stopped immediately, and the two of them stared at the guard on the ground for a brief moment, before the second guard went down. It was obvious in the guard's face, who held Sophilia, that he knew whatever was taking out the guards would be coming for him next.

No sooner than the thought had registered on his face, Sophie was reaching back for that orb. The guard released her, but that wrist was only free for a moment, before something stronger clamped around it. Her hazel eyes shot to her own wrist immediately, before meeting a familiar face. "You!" she exclaimed, incredibly surprised that he'd somehow managed to follow her into another dimension.

He seemed different now though. It was his color. "Wow," she said then, "You are really sunburnt..." He'd laid the last guard out and was already hissing at her to go. She would have protested, but once again she was already being yanked out of the room and around the corner. He tugged her behind a large potted plant, and Sophie was frowning. Who was this guy? Why was he following her? What did he want?

Sophilia opened her mouth to ask those things, but he stopped her, that familiar hand over her mouth for the second time in such a short period of time. She glared and huffed, but then there was something surrounding them. Some kind of energy field that she could probably see better from the inside, than anyone would notice from the outside. What exactly was it?

It was then that guards passed by them, and the man took the opportunity to stand, pulling her up and shoving her down the hall. They passed two more guards almost immediately. The guards were in such a rush, looking for solid people, that they rushed right by. So they were invisible then. It was obvious. So this pale fellow had the power to track her, and to become invisible. Huh.

She decided then that she wouldn't try to get away from him just yet. No, she'd let him get them out of the palace first, of course. That was the smart thing to do. They sneaked down halls and staircases, Sophie coming along without hassle until they reached the main floor. The pale haired guy drug her over to an arch, and they jumped, not using the front door. This guy was clever. Too clever. She wanted to know who he was and what he wanted from her. Did he want her treasures?

They ducked behind some trees, and Sophie tugged. It didn't seem the man was willing to let go of her quite yet. So, she bit him, hard. When he pulled his hand away, Sophie remained still, trying to show him that she wasn't going to run away. It wasn't like she wasn't planning to, of course she would run. But she wanted to know some things first. "Let me go," she demanded first.

"I won't run away," she assured him, though he probably wouldn't believe her. "I want to know why you're following me." Her curiosity would be her downfall. It often got her into trouble. She couldn't help it though. Her curiosity and love for shiny things were almost a sickness; something she knew would get her killed, but she just couldn't stop traveling, snooping, taking shiny things... Ohhh how she loved shiny things.

She recalled that beautiful orb inside the palace. The one that she'd managed to get her fingers around in the commotion. She'd dropped it into her bag before this white haired weirdo had resumed the whole captive bit. She eyed him, instinctively trying to turn in a way that moved the bag with the orb farther from him. He couldn't have her treasures. Humpf!

((I don't think I read that he'd removed his hand from her mouth, soooss I assumed it was still there. Let me know if I should change anything! Also, I assume our next few posts will be somewhat short-ish, if we have dialogue?))