Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2014, 01:54 AM

Island Contest Two:
G
wydion and the Dainae Empire

CLOSED

SPOILERX

Moving on with the inter-island Winter Nights exchange... What about Gwydion and the Dainae Empire? They've been tasked with supplying the decorations for the event, so now you know why everything sparkles and glows. Let's honor these two cultures by dressing up as inhabitants from the island! You don't have to show them celebrating Winter Nights, but it might be worth your time to try!

Choose one island from the following:

Gwydion
According to legend, Gwydion is the land that magic comes from. It's very true that magic is everywhere on the island - they're even ruled, to an extent, by a god! That is, if you can call what Merak, the Peacock God, does as "ruling". (I'd call it "lounging around and looking pretty".) Though people interested in magic come from all over to learn at their various universities, the population is still significantly made up of elves. As far as visual style goes, they have a strong Art Nouveau influence. Possibly because of the frequent winds, inhabitants dress in response to it - either resorting to straps and braids to keep things in place, or working with it to wear things that flutter and billow in the wind. You can see this tendency with Abel (Cain) and his trademark belted sleeves and flowing red scarf!
Requirements: For this entry, please somehow represent a windy day. You also need elf ears.

The Dainae Empire
The Dainae Empire is made up of three islands: Dainae, Typhon, and Kiyo. They're a mountainous region, rich in gem ores and populated with wild dragons that are often also beautifully gem-colored. Because of this, they tend to prefer rich jewel tones paired with metal colors. Unafraid of color or patterns, many citizens enjoy the art of tattoo, like our own tattoo artist, Sera. They're very dramatic in style and for this, many look to their Emperor or Empress to keep up the trend. The Empress's gowns tend to be famously over the top and the ceremonial armors of the Dragon Guard warriors are considered works of art. In real-world terms, a touch of South-East Asian style would really tie a look together.
Requirements: For this entry, please include a sword and a gemstone or crystal.

[test]

Please fill out this form and post it to the thread to enter this contest:
Code:
 [SIZE="6"][color=#0057CC]★I[/color][color=#0953C6]s[/color][color=#1250C0]l[/color][color=#1B4DBA]a[/color][color=#2449B4]n[/color][color=#2D46AE]d[/color][color=#3643A9] [/color] [color=#3F3FA3]C[/color][color=#493C9D]o[/color][color=#523997]n[/color][color=#5B3691]t[/color][color=#64328B]e[/color][color=#6D2F86]s[/color][color=#762C80]t[/color][color=#7F287A] [/color] [color=#882574]T[/color][color=#92226E]w[/color][color=#9B1F68]o[/color][color=#A41B63] [/color] [color=#AD185D]E[/color][color=#B61557]n[/color][color=#BF1151]t[/color][color=#C80E4B]r[/color][color=#D10B45]y ★[/color][/SIZE]
[b][u]Username:[/u][/b] [Your username]
[b][u]Island Represented:[/u][/b] [Which island are you representing?]
[b][u]Commentary:[/u][/b] [Need to explain something else about your entry?]
[b][u]Image:[/u][/b] [Your entry here.]

What you need to know
:
  • Submissions are accepted until December 28th.
  • If you submit your entry before I post Island Contest Three, you will earn +3 points.
  • If you submit your entry after I post Island Contest Three, you will earn +1 point.
  • This contest is for "December 24th and 25th. I will try to change over the contest on December 26th at just after midnight. This is my current time and date.
  • If your entry does not fit the requirements, it will be disqualified. Please read the requirements carefully.