View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 AM

Part 3: At the End of Your Rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
I peer at the doors curiously for a few moments before I remember that shipwreck on Discovery Bay. There was hooch on that boat....maybe there's still some left. Hooch would make it much easier to face anything scary I might encounter tonight. That in mind, I climb the rope and head for the possibly haunted bay.
"Nope. Nope. Forget this. I want booze," you say, pocketing your flashlight and getting a firm grip on the rope. "Booze. Booze. Booze," you chant to keep yourself going as you pull yourself back up. Your arms begin to burn as you hoist yourself ever upwards. You never really were that good at the rope climbing thing in gym class. Look at you, you can't even remember the proper term for it. You try imagining a little bottle-shaped bell at the top of the hole to inspire a last burst of energy.
You arms begin to shake... you're losing it! You look up, hoping to see that you're at the top, but above you is nothing but pitch blackness, and your arms are too weak to hold on while you reach for your flashlight. Deciding to pace yourself, you wrap your body as tightly around the rope as you can in the hopes you won't slide down. The muscles in your arms feel as if they have rope burns, but you're pretty sure it's just your hands that do. After catching your breath, you resume pulling yourself up.
"Do it for the booze. Come on. For the booze. For the booze," you pant.
Eventually you reach up and feel no rope at all. You wave your hand around frantically and find purchase on glorious, horizontal earth. Hallelujah! You made it! With your last remaining bit of strength, you pull yourself up onto the ground and roll over, laughing with joy. The mattress you've rolled onto is particularly comfortable.

Wait... mattress?
You pull your flashlight out and look around. You can't believe it... you're at the bottom of the hole! You point your flashlight towards the hole you just emerged from only to find it's not there. What sort of trickery is this?! Your arms hurt way too much for that not to have been real. You shine your light up the shaft above you, but you're down too deep to see the surface.
"Booze..." you whisper faintly before passing out on the mattress.

Some time later, you come to. You somehow manage to sit yourself up, despite the fact that the muscles in your arms seem to have gone on strike and been replaced with jello. You shine your flashlight around your little cavern, desperately hoping that things might have changed... but nothing has. You're confronted with the same options as you were before... the door on the left, the door on the right, and whatever madness you might come up with in your delirium.

Time to make a new decision...

(ATTENTION! This round is going to work a little differently! As the position hasn't changed from last time, I'm going to pick another suggestion from the last batch of them. Please note that there is never a "wrong" suggestion, and not all suggestions that differ from the obvious will result in an ending like this. Some will work, some won't!)

More rolling! Yet another story update will be added momentarily.

zigbigadorlube is 1, `Kitami is 2, Rinetteable is 3, Knerd is 4, sdgfam08 is 5, Monsieur Hatter is 6, Iroase Deslchatten is 7, PapillonCameo is 8, Acobjum is 9, Liztress is 10.

The 10-sided dice lands on 5