View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2018, 05:30 PM

After another second of hesitation, Lin Fey sat, holding his fork awkwardly. As much as the concept of the fork might be a good one, the weight of it felt wrong in his hand. "I slept....alright." he answered, his focus still on the plate. Spearing a single fluff of egg, he tried it, finding the flavor more buttery than he was used to, but not altogether unfamiliar. He continued to eat, not sure if he should say more or not. Living with another man turned out to be more awkward than he imagined, though less full of hate. At least, he thought so. He still wasn't sure how Jayce truly thought of him.

"Back home," he started, breaking the silence that had fallen between them. "My mother and grandmother would wake before the sun to start breakfast. Li Ling is learning to pinch dough for dumplings. She will have to get the water now though instead of me. This kind of breakfast is strange. It's....lonely?" He wasn't sure if that word explained what he really thought or if he should say it at all. A good wife would not criticize.