View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 03:32 AM

Welcome to Asarth.
This thread is only for gameplay. Our OOC thread can be found here. It's full of information about the game world, as well as character sheets and rules! We're always accepting new players, but please head over there and get a character sheet approved before you post here.

RP RULES:
  • Know and obey the Menewsha RP ToS
  • Don't make up facts about a character that isn't your own and if this happens accidentally be gracious and apologetic when it is pointed out in OOC.
  • Keep it PG! All romance types are acceptable, as is violence but you just don't need to be grotesque.
  • Keep to the world lore and world/game mechanics outlined in the OOC thread. If there are any debates the players should discuss whether to allow the action or not. If no decision is ultimately made, I will decide.
  • Let us know if you will be gone for an extended period, and if so please take your character out of the middle of the storyline so others can continue to RP in your absence. Remember that each 'round' of play will last 3 days, and if you don't post in that time we may have to assume your character ran away or was stunned.
  • Try your best to add to the story, even if you're doing something as simple as trying to hit an opponent. We would rather read 'I swing my broadsword at the giant's little toe with all my might!' than 'I hit the giant'.
  • Please remember this is a 'good' campaign. Neutral characters will be allowed, but evil actions will have serious repercussions!
  • Understand that this list of rules might be edited later on.

HOW TO PLAY:
If you've never played a dice-based RPG on a forum before, great! Most of us haven't, so we'll all be learning together. This little section is meant as a few outlines for how I hope gameplay will go. Hopefully it will work out!

COMBATX

COMBAT
  1. When you enter combat, I will describe the situation, the opponent(s), and any attack penalties. I'll try to present a map of the battlefield with enemy locations and the likely starting locations of you and your party.
  2. During your post, you will indicate who you're targeting and what you want to attempt. Then you'll type:
  3. HTML Code:
    Roll: [dice]20[/dice] Damage(Only if you're attacking, of course): [dice]your damage[/dice]+modifier
  4. PLEASE DO NOT EDIT A POST AFTER YOU'VE ROLLED. If you make an error, PM me instead. If you're not sure what your damage is, you can PM me or someone will be happy to help you in the OOC thread.
  5. A 1 on the roll is a critical success, a 20 is always a critical failure. I'm having everyone go ahead and roll damage to speed up the game, but I'll only count that damage if you succeeded, of course.
  6. Once everyone has attacked-- or 3 days go by, whichever happens first-- I'll describe the enemies' actions and attacks and the whole thing will start over again. I know it's a little slow and cumbersome, but we are working in a forum with people all around the world.
  7. After combat, of course, comes profit! I'll list out the loot you found, and you can figure out how to distribute it between the party. Things may of course be left behind if no one wants them, or someone can be appointed the group loot master and be responsible for selling the leftovers in town.
  8. If you obtained loot or gold, please PM me or ping me in the OOC thread so I can update your character sheet.

IN TOWNX

IN TOWN
I'm assuming people are more likely to split up in towns, so each town period will last 3 days or until everyone's posted, again whichever comes first. Just put up a post of what you'd like to do and make any necessary dice rolls. It's okay if it takes a few shorter posts between you and my NPCs to complete something.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 12-13-2013 at 02:52 PM..