View Single Post
primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM

"Oh my god, Janny. Please tell me you at least tried the summer diet. I swear I lost three pounds!" Jan rolled her hazel eyes at her friend. In her opinion, neither she or Katelyn needed a diet. Jan just didn't understand the hype. It wasn't like they ate junk food constantly. "No, I'm not a big juice-person.... And since that's all the diet let you drink, no thanks. Not for me. Plus, you didn't need to lose any weight in the first place!" Katelyn sighed and gave her friend a small shoulder-hug. "I knew you'd say something like that."

The two reached the cafeteria rather quickly and didn't have to go far to reach their table. Jan was lucky enough to know Katelyn since middle school, so she was always wherever Katelyn was. Unfortunately, some of the places Katelyn wanted to be were not very suitable for Jan. The "popular table" was one of them. It was very clear that nobody else liked Jan. She only stuck around because Katelyn was her only friend- a social butterfly. Lucky me... She thought, eyeing the familiar crowd of her well-dressed peers.

"Hey everyone! Its been forever!" Katelyn practically flew over to the bunch. She gave tight hugs to everyone, only to be reminded by another person, "Wait. Katelyn we all hung out last weekend? At my beach party?" Jan blinked. "Beach party?" She murmured questionably. Katelyn scrambled to cover his mouth. "Katelyn, I thought you said that your mom was forcing you to go on some trip! You totally missed my art-show!" As the blonde's face turned red, she turned to Jan with slumped shoulders. "I know. I'm a bad person, Janny. I'm sorry." Jan crossed her arms with a huff, but realized that Katelyn really did feel sorry. "...Its alright." Katelyn looked up suddenly and gave Jan a big hug with a bigger smile. "I knew you'd understand, Janny!" "Yeah, yeah. Now, let me see your schedule."

As Jan and Katelyn examined each other's assigned classes, they were distraught to find out that they only had one class together- Gym! Oh no... I won't get a single second with her... All the boys ever did in gym class were follow Katelyn around and talk about how pretty Katelyn was. Jan sighed. It was the equivalent of having NO classes together.

"We'll figure something out, Janny." Katelyn smiled. "If you say s-"

"The Brute Brothers are back!" Someone walked up to the table and announced. "Oh my, that one didn't graduate?" "This year is going to be interesting." "Watch them both fail this year!" The group snickered among each other and Katelyn piped in, "I heard that the older one is repeating all of his classes from last year! Like, How dumb do you have to be?" Jan shook her head at her friend as the group all laughed. She stood up from the table and picked out her books for her first class. The bell was about to ring.

Since Katelyn didn't notice Jan's leaving, it was made a bit easier on her. She absolutely hated that group of people. They were so stuck up. It didn't help one bit that Katelyn was slowly becoming more and more like them. Jan just wanted it to be simple, like it used to be- when they would walk to school together and not worry about being bothered by other people. She missed the good ol' days when Katelyn actually cared about her school work and would ask for help. What was there to do, though? Oh well.

With the first bell ringing, Jan clutched her books to her chest and began the decent into the crowded hallways to get to her first class- English.