View Single Post
primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 AM

(( I'll start going with size:2 text. It looks prettier. I LOVE ZANE BTW. He's a cutie. <3 ))

As the bell began to ring, Jan looked around the room, searching desperately for anyone she knew. Unfortunately, all of the faces she'd seen were no more than acquaintances or friends from too long ago to care. Most of the kids in the area lived in one place their entire lives. It wasn't until Brute Brother #2 wandered into the room after the bell that Jan really confirmed that there wasn't going to be anyone to talk to in the mornings. She simply sighed as he took the seat behind her.

After the pledge, Mrs. Tommlin began to take roll. The names went on and on. "Janice Holderfield?" Finally. "Present! You can call me Jan, if its easier." The woman nodded and continued. As she did, Jan tuned out completely and began to read the white-board behind her. There were a few notes about the class and a small number of questions for introduction purposes. Might as well start this...

The course was a regular-level English class this year. Jan insisted on trying her best to relax in a subject that came easily to her. As for math, science, history, and art? Advanced Placement or Honors only. My GPA will rock a university's socks off. She thought with intense determination. In all actuality, despite how hard she tried in school and how well she did, Jan had absolutely no clue as to what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Sure, she pretended around her parents, but no real goal or aspiration had hit her yet...

"Zane Quinton?" The teacher paused to wait for the boy's reply.