View Single Post
Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shit, that is the easy question.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM

"Honestly, dude. I don't see what the problem is with that Janice girl," Trevor said as he grabbed a carton of milk from the freezer, plopping it down on his tray carelessly. It was finally lunch time and Zane had to admit that girl Janice sure put him in a crappy mood for the morning.

"I hate doing work, you of all people know that, but this girl...she's different. I hate it," Zane replied as he pulled out his wallet and handed the lunch lady three dollars for what was on his tray. He waited for Trevor to pay for his lunch so that Trevor could lead him to their new lunch table. Freshman had taken over their last one and Trevor wasn't all too happy about it.

Zane sat down and was opening his milk when he glanced across the way. "Dude, we're sitting in front of the prep's table? Really?" Zane glared at Trevor, who returned with a guilty look, shrugging.

"Dude, it was either this or the freshman-crowded courtyard," Trevor said as he plopped a poorly-cooked fry into his mouth.

Zane glared at him further, stiffening up from his frustration. "I would have been more happy with the flea-infested courtyard," he said slowly and dramatically.

Madeira, next to Zane, choked on her milk. "Dude, relax. As long as they don't bother us, we won't bother them. Now," she turned to the table. A few other people sat there that Zane didn't really talk to, but was friendly with and knew about, "I have Creative Writing next. Who's goin' with me?"

Zane's face reddened as he picked at his pudding cup. "I am," he mumbled.

The whole table looked at him.

"Dude," someone said to him.

A smile broke across Trevor's face, slamming his hand down on Zane's back brotherly. "Congrats, dude. You finally did it. Mr. Rainer is kick-ass. He never gives you homework so it's an easy-pass class."

Zane just shook his head. "If she's in the class...I swear to God..." He took a spoonful of his pudding and sighed, looking across the way at the prep's table.