View Single Post
Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shit, that is the easy question.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:32 AM

"Alright. Welcome to Creative Writing. My name is Mr. Rainer and if you've never had me or this class before, let me tell ya, you're either going to love it or hate it. You do hate it, I'm allowing you switch the class with study hall at the end of the semester." Mr Rainer held a pile of packets. He began passing them out. "These are your class syllabus and your new bible. Learn it, keep it, protect it."

Zane looked at the packet. He recognized it from last year, noticing some minor changes and some additions. First page was class rules, second was of the 4 main easy projects they get to choose from twice for the school year, and then two pages worth of vocabulary on types of short stories and small but important key rules of the stories they will be doing daily.

"Each day, you will be given an in-class assignment that will be due the next day. Being the size of this year's class, we'll start out with peer reviews on Fridays. Basically whatever project I give you the day before, we will be putting up on the projector and we'll read and review it as a class. For those of you not good with critiques, get good with them. They are important to get used to if you plan on pursuing a writing career.

You will have one group project in the second semester. The project for this semester is easy, which you'll find in the list of your projects. If you need help, come to me. This is why I'm here. But don't expect me to come up with a plot for your stories." He looked at the class over his black-rimmed glasses. "Today we're gong to do a small in-class project since it's a double period. You have the remainder of this period to write a scene, piece of script, poem...anything. Write me something. But no more than a page long. We'll peer review next period."

Zane wasn't surprised they already had work in here, but was glad it was something so minor. He pulled out a piece of paper and grabbed a pencil off of Madeira and began writing away.

//I feel like I'm god-modding the teachers. Feel free to create your own-- I apologize!