Thread: SHORT STORIES!
View Single Post
bakaneko00
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Once upon a time a fisherman stood on a beach casting his line into the sea without luck. He decided he would cast his line for one last try.

Imagine his joy when he felt a great weight on the end of his line and when he reeled it in it was the strangest fish he had ever seen. It had a long shiny tail, blonde hair and various other interesting bits.

"Struth, I've never seen one of these before. It's pretty big - must be well over the legal limit. Wonder if they're good to eat." Said the fisherman.

"Please throw me back into the foaming brine where my father rules." Said the fish.

"I don't know about that," said the fisherman. "You're a fair size. It might get me a photo taken with you down at Charlie's Bait Bar. Come to think of it he only does flathead and cod, nah - can't do that. I reckon I would look bloody silly holding you up by the tail."

"Please throw me into the foaming brine were my father rules," said the fish with the blonde hair and the very interesting bits.

"Can't take you home. The missus'd go off her brain if I walked in with you under my arm and sais, "Look what I caught" She'd probable accuse me of wasting money on the raffle in the pub only winning second prize in the fish tray."

"Please throw me back into the foaming brine where my father rules and I will grant you a wish." Said the fish with the blonde hair and the interesting bits.

"Now you're talking," said the fisherman. "A wish eh? Lemesee. What about Carlton winning a game - nah that's too much to ask. Yair I know, Gold Lotto - Yair I want first prize in Gold Lotto next Satday."

"Your wish is granted. Now lease throw me into the foaming …"

"Yair Yair I know" said the fisherman and he took the strange fish with the blonde hair and the interesting bits and threw him back into the foaming etc …

Saturday night came and the fisherman duly won Gold Lotto. Great was his joy. He waited eagerly for the dividend to be declared.