View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-25-2014, 05:25 AM

It was seven o'clock in the evening, on an eerily dark day, and which days in Crystal Cove weren't? The group was supposed to be meeting up at Ellie's place to talk about the mysterious disappearances of local mining tractors from the town's tractor storage facility. Her parents mansion was always a hot spot for the gang since her parents were local and even small time celebrities, her mom always had the chef prepare gourmet snacks, and they had every other accommodation that anyone could possibly hope to have.

"Laney!" her mother called from the top of the large red carpeted steps directly ahead of the front glass double doors. "Are your mystery friends coming over tonight?" Elaine stepped into the large foyer and nodded. "Yes mom!" she said cheerily. "We're going to figure out why the town's tractors are disappearing."

Her mother gave her a small smile. "Well, okay dear. I wish you would find another group of friends," she added. "Jeanette from yoga said her daughter only hangs out with the popular kids in town, and they never go around solving "mysteries"." She even made the bunny ears with her fingers. "Mom, I have the best friends in the whole town," she defended.

"I know your friends are nice dear, it's just that they, well, they aren't exactly setting the bar very high by chasing ghouls and goblins around the town now are they? Look at your sisters; a scientist, an actress, a doctor and an engineer. And what are you going to do Laney? Help that Alex braid nets for the rest of your life?"

"Mom!" Ellie shrieked, blushing profusely. Ellie was sure the boy didn't even know she liked him. He was always so caught up in everything else. Her mom's cell phone rang and the woman disappeared into the vastness of the giant house. Ellie shook her head and straightened her short plaid skirt that always accented her long legs and pulled at her white long sleeved shirt. The gang would be arriving any moment now.