View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 07-28-2014, 02:03 AM

Alex nodded along as he heard everyone's accounts of their evidence gathering, stopping to chuckle at Raymond's lack of mechanical knowledge.

"I'm betting you he wouldn't know a five millimeter cable wire from a point seven Swanson Trip-Ex!"

Taking a pause to scarf down the Windsor chef's wonderfully made snacks he wondered the same thing that Mathias did, namely who in the world would want to steal tractors and how they were able to do so without making noise. JoJo had more success speaking to Sheriff Dodson (disrespect aside, Alex still knew the cowardly man's name) so they would be able to reveal the footage. Even if the newspaper said that the perpetrators weren't caught on camera that didn't mean the gang couldn't find anything. Sarah had a great eye for detail and Allan's mechanical know-how meant that he would be able to figure out how the tractors operated (if he didn't already).

In the mean time, they had yet to actually enter the site where the tractors were being held so that would be next (if not first) on the priority list. Criminals almost always left a trace behind whether it was a smell, a calling card, or even a print on the floor. Sure, that might be a bit harder to get access to, but given Joleen's connections he was sure that it would be taken care of. What else did that leave?

"Cancelled? A mysterious fog? Then move the class to my house, we'll do yoga in my gym then. Call everyone and have them here within the hour!"

The protest came from Ella's mom who had entered the doorway, phone in hand. She fumed about the cancellation of her yoga class, something that seemed absolutely paramount to her happiness...but utterly irrelevant to everyone else in the room. Well that wasn't actually true. She'd unknowingly given out information about a mysterious fog covering up the road that lead to a mountain-side villa.

"The perfect place to hide a tractor," he whispered.

As Mrs. Windsor left he turned back to his five friends with the same smile that Ella had on her face.

"Looks like we've found our leads gang!" he announced, "Allan and Sarah, go check out the security tapes after getting clearance with Jo. Jo, you, Matty and Oobis sniff around the tractor yard for anything that might lead us to the culprit. Ella, you'll be checking the fog out with me."

If we're lucky we'll be able to catch this thief in one day's time.