View Single Post
Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
For me, Christmas was all about decorating with dad and figuring out how we were going to do the house that year. New Year's would have been great, except the Navy fucked us one year and Rodd didn't get to propose on that day like he wanted to at Midnight. Damn Navy.

Not that fanatical, just something you want to do to capture the kiddo's growth and essence.
Growing up Christmas use to be totally rad. But the past couple years have ruined that. Ever since my moms mom died on Christmas we don't do hardly anything. No decorating, no tree. We exchange gifts, maybe. But since I've been older I've been kinda eh towards it anyways because people (mostly) just use it as an excuse to shop. And all the holidays kinda have clashed into one. They start putting out Christmas things like around July. Um yeah no. And then of course most of my family (except my parents and brother) are highly religious and are all "jesus this" and "God would say such and such" about the fact that I'm gay, and about my personal religion. They say because I'm pagan I worship the devil and yeah...it's not a good time for anyone around my family.