View Single Post
Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:55 AM

Oberon shook his head, his features grave as he walked over to where Jareth sat, cradling Dawn's unconscious form in his arms. With a look at Jareth, who nodded, he knelt and placed a hand over Dawn's closed eyes.

His own eyes seemed to lose focus for a moment, before he started and looked down at her once more. He did not look optimistic.

"This magic... Propar was a powerful Fae in his own right, and his magic ran wild in his last moments. Wild magic is one of the most dangerous forms, as you all know, being that it calls no Fae its master. Now... I'm afraid it has settled within Dawn's mind."

"You mean she's trapped in her own dreams... or nightmares." Jareth's face was now openly concerned as he gripped Dawn tighter in his arms.

High Queen Titania swept over, elegant and graceful even in her obvious concern for her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. "My magic was always more prone to healing and purifying... Emilie, darling." Now was not the time for formalities, not anymore. "Come here. Now that you are Queen of the Labyrinth and have been granted its Fae powers, it is time you learned this aspect of using them."

Emilie immediately rushed over, falling to her knees beside Dawn. She tried not to look at Propar's prone form... there was nothing they could do about it at the moment. Dawn's mind and life were their main concern.

"What do I need to do?" She demanded.

In answer, Titania took Emilie's hand, her eyes losing focus. Emilie could feel a sudden rush of power flow into her. And... something else.

Can you hear me? Good. It was the High Queen's voice. We will need to communicate like this from now on. Our physical bodies are no use in trying to regain Dawn's mind... Now that our own minds are linked, you will be able to follow me more easily. Do as I do.

Almost as if in a trance, Emilie and Titania simultaneously took each of Dawn's hands, squeezing them tight. Jareth looked down at his beloved's face.

"Dawn... it will be all right." He murmured softly, but it was not clear whether the words were meant for her or for himself.